Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our seven hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown; and St. Christopher's Hospital for Children. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health's commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives.
The primary objective of this position is to provide the full range of front desk operations in a busy medical practice as well as provide customer service to patients, families, physicians and staff as needed. This position also service to meet basic patient care / service needs and provides clerical functions for the Practice. Functions as a member of the Practice and promotes comfort and satisfaction using a customer driven process under the direct supervision of the Office Coordinator. Assists with maintaining confidentiality of all medical records / work place information and a clean working environment.
- Provides a full range of front desk operations in a busy primary care practice (e.g. registration, scheduling, filing, etc.).
- Registers patients in timely and efficient manner.
- Utilizes insurance verification systems (e.g. Navinet, Passport, Health Partners portal, etc.) to ensure insurance eligibility at the time-of-service.
- Verifies patient demographics at each office visits.
- Ensures that the proper areas are accessed in the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Electronic Patient Management (EPM) system at the time-of-service.
- Ensures that guardianship is verified, obtains consent to treat minor if parent did not present for appointment(s). Also obtains identification, adoption/foster care documentation as needed.
- Collects co-pays (when applicable) and posts payments to patient encounters in EPM.
- Represent a positive and professional image of the practice to the patients, families, community and institution through personal and telephone contact.
- Schedules/confirms patient appointments via scheduling/registration system.
- Records, communicates and delivers messages ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Provides clerical functions, as needed, for the practice.
- Reconcile daily fee slips as needed.
- Performs charge entry as needed.
- Receives, greets, directs and/or escorts patients, family members, visitors, physicians and hospital personnel as needed in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Provide customer service to patients, families, physician and colleagues as needed.
- Answer multi-line telephone
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
- Previous computer experience required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Knowledge of clerical and/or record keeping preferred.
- Knowledge of charge entry preferred.
- ICD-9 and CPT coding preferred.
- Computer/data entry experience required.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate good organizations skills and attention to detail/accuracy.
- Previous experience working in a fast paced physician practice preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Relevant Experience
- Customer Service Skills
- Excellent Communications Skills
- General Clerical Skills
- Medical Terminology
- Organizational Skills