About the Organization
Tower Health is a strong, regional, integrated healthcare provider/payer system that offers leading-edge, compassionate healthcare and wellness services to a population of 2.5 million people. Together, our seven hospitals and other entities provide a full range of medical care from prevention, screenings & education; to the latest clinical services and surgeries available; to rehabilitation. We also offer wellness programs & public health services that ensure our communities are the healthiest they can be. Our caring, highly trained physicians and staff are committed to patient safety and patient satisfaction.
With more than 11,000 team members, Tower Health includes Reading Hospital, a teaching hospital based in West Reading; Brandywine Hospital in Coatesville; Chestnut Hill Hospital, a teaching hospital in Philadelphia; Jennersville Hospital in West Grove; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown; and St. Christopher's Hospital for Children. We also operate Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing & Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, & we have a comprehensive physician network.
Collaboration across Tower Health enables our hospitals, providers, leadership & staff to leverage best practices across the health system. Our hospitals have received national recognition for advanced care in areas such as neurosurgery and stroke, cardiac & vascular surgery, trauma, hematology & oncology. Reading HealthPlex, which opened at Reading Hospital in October 2016, combines state-of-the-art technology and world-class design to make the HealthPlex one of the most sophisticated surgical centers & inpatient facilities in the region.
At Tower Health, we have a rich history of providing high-quality, cost-effective care in the communities we serve. As the healthcare industry continues to change, one thing remains steadfast: Tower Health's commitment to Advancing Health, Transforming Lives.
The primary objective of this position is to provide the full range of front desk operations in a busy medical practice as well as provide customer service to patients, families, physicians and staff as needed. This position also service to meet basic patient care / service needs and provides clerical functions for the Practice. Functions as a member of the Practice and promotes comfort and satisfaction using a customer driven process under the direct supervision of the Practice Administrator. Assists with maintaining confidentiality of all medical records / work place information and a clean working environment.
- Represents image of the practice to patients, community and institution through personal and telephone contact. Receives, greets, directs and/or escorts patients, family members/visitors, physicians and hospital personnel as appropriate, in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Answers multi-line telephone system using appropriate telephone etiquette, triages calls as appropriate, schedules appointments using computer-scheduling system.
- Register patients on computerized billing system; verify insurance information and obtain referrals while utilizing various electronic tools provided.
- Makes calls to confirm appointments, verifies correct insurance and billing information received, collects referrals and co-payments. Daily deposits of co-pays and fees to cashier.
- Records appointments, cancellations and no-shows as applicable.
- Records/communicates/delivers messages, assuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Organizes and prepares electronic patient charts. Files charts and patient information in the electronic medical record in a timely manner
- Responds to any request within limits of qualifications and/or refers request to appropriate staff member in a timely manner.
- Works as a team member
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in front desk registration for high volume practice.
- Customer Service Skills
- Excellent Communications Skills
- General Clerical Skills
- Medical Terminology
- Organizational Skills
Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus