Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a comprehensive global research university and a major engine for economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
Drexel University's Weight, Eating, and Lifestyle Science (WELL) Center (drexel.edu/wellcenter) is hiring a Operations Manager. The Manager is responsible for overseeing Center operations including hiring and on-boarding, research operations, the WELL Clinic, training operations, special events, space/facilities, general administration, budgets/finances, and communications. The Manager will coordinate with College and University grants managers and financial administrators. Key duties are outlined below.
About the WELL Center: The WELL Center is an interdisciplinary clinical research center with a mission to develop, test and disseminate new behavioral and technological solutions to the problems of obesity, poor diet, sedentariness, and disordered eating. The Center, which, at its inception will be situated within the Drexel University College of Arts and Sciences, has research, clinical and training missions. The primary mission of the WELL Center is to identify the core risk and maintenance factors for eating disorders, obesity, and sedentary behavior, and to develop, evaluate and disseminate new behavioral and technological solutions for these challenging-to-treat concerns. The WELL Center includes the newly developed WELL Clinic, which serves the Philadelphia metropolitan area. The Clinic provides state-of-the-art, evidence-based treatment for obesity, eating disorders, and related conditions, and will also provide bariatric surgery evaluations and nutritional counseling. The WELL Center also serves as a topnotch training site for professionals, postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, and undergraduates.
- Work with the Center Director to develop secure and effective systems to manage Center revenue and expenses
- Assist the Center Director and WELL Clinic Director with annual fiscal planning, ongoing financial tracking and projections, and other activities that support strategic planning and financial goals
- Manage the annual budget for all individual funds under the control of the Center, including the WELL Clinic fund
- Handle day-to-day operations, developing and implementing procedures in compliance with university policy, federal regulations, and contractual requirements
- Oversee compliance within the Center related to Drexel's purchasing policies. Reconcile the Department's purchasing card monthly and support all purchases across the Center's faculty and staff.
- Process all purchase orders, check requests, travel expense reports, reimbursements, transaction corrections, cash receipts, funding transfers, and department service charges.
- Oversee all hiring and onboarding including but not limited to benefits eligible employees, temporary employees, student employees, work study students, volunteers, and independent contractors for the Center and its related research activities
- Serve as principal administrative point of contact for the Office of the Dean, College of Arts and Sciences (CoAS) and Drexel business support offices including by not limited to Human Resources, Payroll, General Accounting, Procurement, and Office of General Counsel
- Manage all student financial matters, including distribution of fellowships, tuition remission, scholarships, and student awards funded by the Center and work with the relevant department administrator to follow standard operating procedures for the academic unit's program
- Liaise with CoAS grants administrators to support grant-funded personnel hiring, labor allocations, labor redistributions, and effort pre-review
- Approve leave reports and bi-weekly timesheets for staff that report directly to the Center's administrative team
- Assist the Clinic Director as needed with staffing and operational efficiencies (e.g., methods of submitting claims to insurance)
- Submit maintenance requests and follow up on the status of maintenance projects
- Assist the Center Director with space management and renovation activities - Collaborate with the Center's Clinic Director to accomplish strategic goals of the Clinic
- Plan and coordinate Center-sponsored events and workshops
- Coordinate with webmaster to update content of Center and Clinic webpages
- Liaise with CoAS and University Marketing and Communications
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, psychology, public health or equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in operations management and/or administration
- Master's degree
- Management/administration experience in a university research center
- Knowledge of National Institutes of Health grant procedures
- Experience with financial management and development
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
University City, Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of K. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.