Want to make an impact that matters? Consider Deloitte Global.
Work you'll do:
The Global Privacy Paralegal provides support to the DTTL OGC attorneys focused on privacy and cybersecurity matters and assists them in advising on the legal aspects of privacy and cybersecurity related matters.
- Researches information, prepares and reviews documents, and directs incoming issues concerning privacy and data protection.
- Works closely with the attorneys and the Global Privacy team to ensure privacy matters are handled effectively, collaborating with Deloitte teams and functions to gather and provide information concerning privacy matters.
- Organizes and supports various privacy-related functions including privacy impact assessments, privacy complaints, data breach incident response, and privacy compliance activities.
The Global Privacy Paralegal develops and maintains privacy and data protection knowledge to provide effective paralegal support.
- Act as a liaison between Deloitte teams and functions seeking privacy advice to enable the provision of such advice in an efficient manner.
- Receiving inquiries and tracking responses, leveraging past responses to provide guidance to Deloitte functions to facilitate faster responses to privacy queries, assisting gathering facts and background information required to provide legal advice through interviews, reviewing documents, conducting research, searching data and information repositories etc.
- Develop and maintain both breadth and depth of technological knowledge in the privacy and data protection space.
- Maintain, organize and retrieve central files, templates, resources and other and information
- Keep track of deadlines, consultations and deliverables and following up with stakeholders and attorneys as necessary.
- Prepare and manage documents for attorneys to facilitate timely completion of required privacy documentation.
- Review privacy impact assessment to determine level of privacy risk.
- Identify privacy trends and monitors new developments in privacy laws and regulation.
- Receive and review incoming privacy issues to determine required action.
- Liaise with other functions and stakeholders, including Risk Management, Privacy, Cybersecurity, Technology, both in Deloitte Global and Deloitte member firms, to help identify and resolve privacy compliance issues and incident response.
- Gather information from Deloitte functions to support the resolution of privacy issues and matters.
- Prepare reports to track and monitor progress of privacy matters.
- Participate in special projects to support the Technology and Shared Services team within DTTL OGC as required.
What you'll be part of - our Deloitte Global Culture:
At Deloitte, we expect results. Incredible-tangible-results. And Deloitte Global professionals play a unique role in delivering those results. We reach across disciplines and borders to serve our global organization. We are the engine of Deloitte. We develop and implement global strategies and provide programs and services that unite our network.
- Superior analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- A high level of discretion and sound judgment
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Paralegal certification - preferred
- CIPP certification - preferred
How you'll grow:
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
Benefits you'll receive:
Deloitte's Total Rewards program reflects our continued commitment to lead from the front in everything we do-that's why we take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide the benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. #LI-Hybrid Hybrid work, remote may be an option