There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function require various nurse licensure and certification based on role and grade level. Licensure includes RN orLPN / LVN, depending on grade level, with current unrestricted licensure in applicable state. Positions this function include RNandLPN / LVN roles responsible foroverseeing and participating in day to day clinicaloperations of branch or remote nursing activities. Employeesmay be directly involved in patient care.
The primary role of the Nurse Supervisoris toassist the Director of Nursing / Regional Nurse Manager (DON / RNM) with nursing teamoversight and development. TheNurse Supervisor works collaboratively with Branch DONs or RNMs to manage fieldor administrative nursing staff, coordinate patient care, contribute toperformance improvement activities, promote high quality patient care and improvepatient outcomes. The Nurse Supervisoris relied upon by the DON / RNM to assist in maintaining efficient and effectivenursing operations. In newly openedBranches, the Nurse Supervisor may function as the primary nursing leader of ateam, incorporating elements of the DON role and reporting directly to theRegional Director of Nursing (RDON) until such time as the patient caseload andnursing team warrants a Director of Nursing position.
- Responsible forthe oversight of assigned field nurses and the work completed / care provided by thisteam. May also be assigned oversight of clinical administrative coordinators(CACs), and / or patient care coordinators (PCCs), based on Branch / region needand scope of current responsibilities.
- Assists theDON / RNM with hiring, training, and developing a professional and allied staff.
- Assists branchleadership in ensuring compliance with all regulatory agencies governing healthcare delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies by continually contributingto the monitoring of operations and reporting and initiating changes whererequired and as directed.
- Participates inpatient care meetings (e.g., "huddles") and other meetings as required.
- Serves asclinical resource to branch field staff, exercising considerable judgment,problem solving skills, conflict management, and professional knowledge.
- Assists theDON / RNM with implementation of efficient and effective systems that support thedelivery of patient care and the achievement of quality patient outcomes.
- Assists theDON / RNM to ensure that departmental staff complete orientation, maintainclinical competence, participate in continuing education and are evaluated in atimely manner.
- Participates inthe orientation of clinical staff, or other branch personnel, as requested.
- Responsible forensuring that the receipt, evaluation, acceptance and execution of the initialpatient intake process includes patient verification, assessment, teaching, andthe ongoing scheduling of nursing services in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Assists theDON / RNM with managing employees through establishing performance goals,allocating resources and reviewing policies for the department. Includes, but isnot limited to, completion of performance evaluations, field supervisoryvisits, and performance management counseling.
- Ensures thatall patient-related documentation, clinical and departmental reports areaccurately completed, submitted, and / or filed in a timely manner, according tointernal and external regulatory requirements and in support of the nurse billingprocess.
- Assists withthe Agency Management Process to ensure appropriate, high quality care isprovided to patients by subcontracted agencies.
- Knowledgeable ofCompany and Enterprise policies and procedures in order to ensure the deliveryof quality patient care.
- Participates inplanning, decision-making, and implementation of all branch office activitiesthat impact clinical nursing services and the performance of themultidisciplinary team.
- Maintainsprofessional growth and development through seminars, workshops, andprofessional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field ofexpertise, while assuming responsibility for own clinical competency.
- Providesoutstanding service to all customers; fosters teamwork; and practices fiscalresponsibility and budget participation through improvement and innovation.
- Communicateswith physicians and other health care providers on nursing related issues.
- Assists theDON / RNM with the preparation and maintenance of departmental reports. Prepares periodic reports for supervisor, asrequired.
- Maintains allapplicable internal, professional, local, state, federal licensures,certifications, and employment requirements, as required of staff department.
- As directed bythe DON / RNM, assures team understanding, implementation and compliance with allaspects of the company's Performance Improvement Program. Activities include, butare not limited to, input for quality and event reports; reviewing quality datafor trends and improvement opportunities; performing follow-up investigationand resolution of employee / patient grievances; and participation in branchemergencies (actual and drills).
- Participates inthe marketing of services by providing educational programs / in-services andparticipating in team selling opportunities.
- Participates invarious internal committees as requested.
- May serves asbranch infection control coordinator.
- Assumes oraugments the duties of the staff nurse, as required to provide direct patientcare, including clinical on-call, hospital hook-ups or patient teaches, as percompany policy.
- Maintains proficiency with electronic medical recordsystem.
- On-call rotation, as assigned
You'll be rewarded andrecognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you andgive you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well asprovide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active and unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state(s) of practice
- 2+ years of RN experience in a related specialty, such as pharmaceutical industry, oncology, infusion therapy or critical care
- 1+ years of experience as a clinical coordinator
- Experience as a registered nurse in a home health care and / or home infusion environment
- Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team of professionals including clinical, pharmacy, nurses, case managers, discharge planners, physicians, outside nursing agencies, patients, families and caregivers
- Knowledgeable regarding compliance, regulatory, performance improvement and state / federal requirements / regulations
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive VoiceResponse (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing
- 1+ years of documented management experience
- Experience with nurse staffing processes and management, including oversight of a large (15+) nursing and ancillary staff member team
- Clinical leadership in home infusion therapy
- Experience with acute and chronic infusion therapies
- Experience in an ambulatory infusion suite setting
- Knowledge regarding state regulations pertaining to home health licensure
- Knowledge of the Infusion Nursing Society (INS) standards of practice, policies and procedures
- CRNI Certification or willing to obtain within one year of employment
Careerswith OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovativepharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million peoplenationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one ofour pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takesto help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as awealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance andlimited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to helppeople live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)