Ensures a high-level of exceptional patient care by providing front line supervision, monitoring and coordination of Nurses and Medication Trained Staff (MTS)
- Provides front line supervision of Campus Nurse, Nurses, Day Program Nurses, and MTS on each shift.
- Covers nursing assignment as necessary.
- Provides Campus Nurse coverage as necessary.
- Has knowledge of and demonstrates computer proficiency.
- Makes rounds at residences and day programs on a periodic basis, providing supervision for Nurses and MTS’s.
- Completes Quality Assurance checks with documentation.
- Provides support, encouragement and feedback to Nurses and MTS’s.
- Listens to concerns of Nurses and MTS regarding issues and reports concerns to the Nursing Manager with recommendations for resolution.
- Assists with obtaining any necessary supplies and equipment for nursing services by submitting paperwork through proper channels.
- Participates in training Nurses and MTS’s. Provides in-service for Nurses, MTS’s and other employees.
- In coordination with Nursing Manager, performs interviews, evaluations and disciplinary action.
- Schedules Nurses and MTS’s to provide appropriate coverage on each shift within budgetary guidelines.
- Assists Nurse Manager with monitoring and reconciling Kronos Workforce Central daily and weekly and processing appropriate paperwork to payroll.
- Assists Nurse Manager with reconciling employee mileage with Kronos Workforce Central monthly and processing paperwork to Accounting.
- Assists Nurse Manager with completing the initial Enterprise Incident Management (EIM) reports per 3800 and 6400 regulations and processes paperwork to Woods Quality Improvement department and appropriate agencies; also assists Nurse Manager with monitoring and completing the final 30-day reports when due.
- Participates in regular meetings with Director of Nursing, Nursing Managers, Nurses, and MTS’s.
- Provides clinical assessment of individuals as necessary. Communicates with the physician on-call, as indicated.
- Communicates, or assures communication, with families regarding health concerns.
- Reports to other disciplines re: individuals health issues, problems observed in units or other concerns as necessary.
- Provides input into policies and procedures.
- Serves as on-call Nursing Administrator, as scheduled.
- Maintains effective communication and working relationships with Woods’ administration and subordinates.
- Other duties as assigned.