There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Nursing here isn't for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Improve Your Quality of Life While Helping Seniors!
Optum, a division under the greater UnitedHealth Group, is looking for a Nurse Practitioner with experience working within nursing homes to join our team as a Clinical Advisor who will manage their caseload while coaching and mentoring other NPs out in the field.
This is an excellent opportunity to use your NP background in a new way while gaining supervisory experience, putting you in a great position for further advancement. Take your career to the next level and apply today.
- Working with Nurse Practitioners out in the field
- Planning, scheduling and implementation of orientation plans with new Nurse Practitioners
- Work with development of existing Nurse Practitioner staff
- Coaching and mentoring other Nurse Practitioners
- Building relationships with facility staff and physicians
- Educating Nurse Practitioners on the OptumHealth model
- Working with leadership on developmental issues
- 25-50% caseload medical management and 50-75% education activities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted NP license in New Jersey, or the ability to obtain
- DEA License or ability to obtain
- Nurse Practitioner national certification as ANP, FNP or GNP
- Intermediate level of proficiency with PC based word processing including Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Must be willing to travel to provide coverage for New Jersey
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience working in a nursing home or with seniors in other settings
- 2+ years of experience working as a Nurse Practitioner
- 1+ years of experience in adult, family or geriatric specialties
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, NP, long term care, LTC, Assisted Living, Nursing Home, Primary Care, Mercer, Middlesex, Burlington, Camden, NJ, New Jersey