Site Security Officers may be assigned to fixed posts, vehicle and/or foot patrol within the interior or exterior of the site. Expected skills and competencies necessary to perform duties including but not limited to:
- Providing clear direction, information and assistance to client visitors, guests, vendors and employees in a professional, pleasant and courteous fashion
- Enforce security procedures
- Visually inspecting all visitor, vendor and employee access badges to verify that the authorized holder is the individual presenting the badge to prevent unauthorized access to the property
- Maintaining surveillance and reporting of any suspicious persons and/or packages
- Assist site personnel in providing proper instructions and directions during emergencies
- Patrol site premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Notification to the management of any irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences right away.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- 3-5 years of experience in providing security
- Familiarity with the Camden police and community is a plus
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. (preferred)
- Command of the English language and ability to be clearly understood in English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Professional Demeanor and Appearance
- High Level of Integrity
- Strong Work Ethic
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with other security team members
- Prior proven experience (preferred but not necessary
- Must be able to work a 5 pm to 12 am shift for from Wednesday to Friday
- Must be able to work a 2 pm to 10 pm shift on Saturday and Sunday