Under the Director of IT supervision, The Network Administrator will be responsible for assisting in the planning, implementation, support, and maintenance of the Pennsylvania Convention Center existing and future LAN/WAN infrastructure and computing environments. This will include assisting in the implementation, support, maintenance, and management of a Microsoft-based server and computing environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Implements, configures, tests, and maintains the integrity of LAN/WAN hardware, software, and services.
● Implements, configures, supports, and manages a traditional Microsoft-based computing Desktop, environment and a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure environment using Microsoft systems management software and tools.
● Responsible for ensuring the integrity and security of the Pennsylvania Convention Center network environments and stored data.
● Identifies network and system problems and determines and coordinates corrective actions.
● Makes recommendations to management for hardware/software enhancements based upon study and analysis of the current environment.
● Provides on-call support as required for all network and other technical issues.
● Assists Help Desk personnel in providing support when required.
● Works with other IT staff members and, when necessary, business unit partners to ensure effective systems solutions and prioritization of work.
● Develops detailed and comprehensive technical documentation, studies, and reports.
● Establishes and maintains effective relations with others including Pennsylvania Convention Center management, staff, and vendors.
● Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Directly supervises the Assistant Network Administrator and Network Technicians.
To perform this job successfully, one must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
● High School diploma or equivalent experience
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or related experience.
● Minimum of three (3) years of increasing responsibility in implementing, administering, and managing complex LAN/WAN, WLAN, server, and Microsoft computing environments.
● Minimum of three (3) years of hands-on, verifiable experience configuring, implementing, supporting, administering and managing network hardware, devices, and software within a Microsoft infrastructure framework and Windows Server environment, including but not limited to.
● Cisco routers.
● Cisco Catalyst switches (3700, 4500, 6500 series).
● Cisco ASA firewalls;
● Wireless solutions experience is desired.
● Cisco Network Management Software; and,
● Network monitoring and analysis tools.
● Also, experience with Cisco Security Software is desirable but not required.
● Minimum of three (3) years of hands-on, verifiable experience with installing, hardening, patching, maintaining, upgrading, and managing Microsoft computing environments (including operating systems and server software) according to the latest Microsoft best practices.
● Minimum of three (3) years of hands-on, verifiable experience in configuring, supporting, maintaining, and managing policies, rights, and securities within a Windows Server (2008/2012) Active Directory environment.
● Minimum of three (3) years of hands-on, verifiable experience in configuring, maintaining, and managing Endpoint Configuration Manager is preferred but not required.
● Verifiable Experience in the development, deployment and administration of a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
A demonstrable level of relevant technical competency and experience in related areas including but not limited to:
● A thorough understanding of the OSI network model, Ethernet, and TCP/IP networking;
● A practical level of experience implementing and administrating common TCP/IP-based services, including but not limited to: DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, SSL, SMTP, etc.; and,
● Experience in working with directory services including AD, LDAP.
● A working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities.
● Experience with design, implementation, and troubleshooting EIGRP and BGP networks.
● Experience in the use of Hyper-V and in maintaining virtualized server environments is highly desirable.
● Experience in implementing and maintaining wireless network environments is highly desirable.
● Experience in the implementation, configuration, and maintenance of Linux operating systems is desirable.
● Demonstrable experience using root-cause analysis in order to troubleshoot network and other IT-related problems and issues.
● Ability to direct special projects involving the implementation of IT-related initiatives as well as to operate as part of a project team and to manage small teams of personnel.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills (including experience in developing and maintaining technical documentation), interpersonal skills, and a commitment to quality and providing exemplary customer service required.
● Strong customer service skills, including excellent communication skills required.
● Must be able to work flexible work hours commensurate with event schedules and event needs.
Evidence of any or all of the following certifications is highly desirable:
● Cisco CCNP or CCNA
● Microsoft MCITP, MCSE, and/or MCSA
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function. Must have the physical ability to maneuver around PCC, at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily. The employee is regularly required to sit for long hours; using hand to handle files, type and operate offices machines; to talk and hear on the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to handle contracts, other office correspondence, etc.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Irregular hours and travel may be required.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Pennsylvania Convention Center / ASM Global – Network Administrator: November 2021