The Mortgage Paralegal is responsible for coordinating loan closings in compliance with company, and industry standard rules and regulations. This position will prepare legal documents and closing packages for title companies and attorneys. The Mortgage Paralegal works solely on FHA and VA Streamline transactions.
Essential Job Functions may include:
• Review all files for completeness and accuracy to ensure compliance with underwriting, government, and investor and company requirements.
• Maintain open lines of communication with all parties to obtain loan status information.
• Provide timely communications regarding closing status as appropriate.
• Ensure all loans are closed in strict accordance with all guidelines.
• Understand and adhere to all existing and/or changes to internal or external guidelines, processes and procedures as soon as they are implemented.
• Review Closing Disclosure
• Review Case Number Assignment, Title Commitments, Insurance Policies, PMI Certification and all loan documents for accuracy.
• Responsible for preparing and verifying final figures.
• Sending Closing documents.
• Requesting the wire timely.
• Coordinate closings with title companies.