Transport Coordinator - RN role with a $5,000 sign-on bonus!
This is a professional nursing position responsible for coordinating and scheduling of all Medical and Social appointments for medically complex individuals with ID in two group home settings.
Some Essential Functions:
- Coordinates access to necessary medical appointments, diagnostic and treatment procedures with physicians, specialists and/or medical care in the community.
- Schedules medical appointments and adjusts the transport schedule, as necessary, based on the clinical needs of the individual, the urgency of the situation and the availability of appointments.
- Provides nursing care and supervision to the individual during medical transports to ensure their health and safety.
- Ensures completion of all required documentation during and following each appointment. Obtaining physician orders to change treatment, medications etc.
- Schedules all follow-up appointments and treatments as requested.
- Provides forms to Nurse House Manager and physician during weekly rounds
- Ensures that original is filed in medical chart and maintains a copy for Transport nurse records
- Ensures completion of all required documentation during and following each social and recreational outing. Maintains a record of all outings.
- Collaborates with administrative staff in the development of the monthly social calendar for all the individuals in the program
- Oversee DME monthly inventory
- Participates in Administrator On- Call Rotation
- Adheres to all state, federal and KenCrest agency regulations.
- Adheres to functioning within the scope of practice as established in the PA Nurse Practice Act
- Participation in agency committees
- Completes administrative assignments and other duties, as requested.
- Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Pennsylvania preferred; will consider LPN with strong clinical background
- Current CPR certification
- Valid driver’s license required
- Own mode of transportation required
- Clear criminal record and child abuse check in accordance with state requirements required