We are seeking a dedicated Medical Records File Clerk. This position is responsible for all medical
records into LymphaCare's medical billing system & and patient files.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Perform general clerical duties assigned in accordance with the office procedures of the
* Answer and transfer telephone calls or take messages.
* Sort and deliver incoming mail and send outgoing mail.
* Copy, file and update paper and electronic documents.
* Collect information and perform data entry.
* We are looking for a highly organized individual that can manage multiple tasks with attention
detail and will need to be able to work independently. The position will be working with
professional staff and patients. The position will require one year of previous related
Education and/or Experience
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* Experience working in healthcare, home health or medical field and administrative record
* One to three years of related prior work experience in a team-oriented environment
* Strong customer service background
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
* Effectively communicate in English; both oral and written, with location employees to ensure
questions and concerns are processed in a timely manner.
* Helpful, knowledgeable and polite while maintaining a positive attitude
* Interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of communication mediums
* Maintain confidentiality and practice discretion and caution when handling sensitive
* Multi-task along with attention to detail
* Self-motivation, organized, time-management and deductive problem-solving skills
* Work independently and as part of a team
* Requires sitting, walking, standing, bending, lifting, reaching, talking or listening; sitting
at a desk for extensive hours
* Requires close vision to small print on computer and or paperwork; working on a computer for
Machines, Equipment and Technical Abilities
* Email transmission and communication
* Internet navigation and research
* Microsoft applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, etc.
* Office equipment; fax machine, copier, printer, phone, scan and computer
* Office environment
* Medical, Dental and Vision
* Life Insurance and Disability
* Generous Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
Employment is contingent on
* Background investigation (company-wide)
* Drug screen (when applicable for the position)