Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
The Core Laboratory at Pennsylvania Hospital is looking for a Medical Laboratory Scientist to join the team. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities. Performs waived, moderate and/or high-complexity tests and procedures in clinical laboratory sections under the direction of the Supervisor.
• Performs appropriately requested clinical laboratory analyses on all types of laboratory specimens, produces and documents accurate laboratory results for diagnosis and treatment of disease.
• May be required to perform phlebotomy for diagnostic testing on patients of all age groups.
• Adheres to Penn Medicine’s policies and procedures and conforms to all safety practices.
• Maintains specified laboratory documents required by various accreditation agencies.
• Maintains the confidentiality of health information on all patients.