ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Interpretor Must be fluent in Khmer & Lao
- Interacts appropriately with patients and records information while greeting, checking-in, checking-out or scheduling appointments for patients. Conducts lobby checks to ensure organization and cleanliness.
- Serves as the gatekeeper for PCP and Specialists schedules including, but not limited to ensuring Top 40 patients are scheduled every 13 days.
- Utilizes computer equipment and programs to add new patient information, prints out relevant forms for processing, schedule appointments, respond to emails and generate New Patient packets. Ensures patient contact and emergency contact information is accurately documented in the system.
- Conducts “love” calls, mails birthday and greeting cards to patients commemorating special events.
- Answers telephones, takes detailed and accurate messages, and ensures messages are directed to the appropriate individual.
- Clearly communicates information about ChenMed clinical personnel to patients and other individuals.
- Verifies patient insurance via phone or website and collects any necessary copays for services. Assists with scheduling follow-up and in-house Specialist referral appointments, when necessary.
- Escorts patients to exam rooms and ensures their comfort and well-bring prior to leaving.
- Acts as HEDIS champion for the PCP by providing visibility of HEDIS needs for scheduled patients. Reports on hospitalizations including HITS census, ENS Ping, etc.
- Presents patients with customer service survey during check out and escalates if needed for immediate service recovery.
- Participates in daily and weekly huddles to provide details on patients.
- Regulates and monitors aspects of transportation, including: Driver’s lists/patients, medication deliveries, grocery deliveries, driver’s behavioral challenges, scheduling and coordinating Uber/Lyft rides for patients.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Precisely and accurately interprets critical medical advice and information given by the provider into equivalent terminology in the patient's native language.
- Assists in translating medical text from English on behalf of internal and external customers; may translate patient education information as specifically requested.
- Establishes and maintains quality service and positive interaction with all patients, customers, visitors, health care providers, and clinical employees.
- Assists with patient follow-up as necessary, to include contacting patients with appointment reminders.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality in accordance with HSC policies and standards.
- Participates, as a condition of assignment, in continuing annual medical interpreter/ translator training provided through UNM Hospital.
- Provides occasional services outside of normal working hours on as as-needed basis.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Fluency in relevant foreign language(s). Khmer and Lao
- Current knowledge of medical terminology and procedures.
- Ability to precisely and accurately translate critical medical information from English to the patient's native language.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
- Foreign language(s) written translation skills.
- Listening skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to interact and communicate with people over the telephone, often in stressful situations.
- Ability to work outside of normal working hours as needed.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally and regionally up to of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English