NOTE: THIS IS A FULL TIME FLOAT POSITION THAT WILL WORK IN VARIOUS CENTER CITY AND SOUTH PHILADELPHIA PRACTICES. SOME WEEKEND COVERAGE MAY BE REQUIRED TO SUPPORT OPERATIONS.
$1,000 sign on bonus with 12 month commitment on FT positions
The Medical Assistant (MA) performs a variety of administrative and clinical duties in support of the physicians as assigned for daily coverage of JUP ambulatory practices. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to patient flow management, assisting with medical and/or minor surgical procedures and tests on patients. Tests may include EKG's, phlebotomy, pap smears, hearing and vision testing and other preventative health maintenance checks. Liaises with physicians and assures coordination of patient documentation, provides patient education, tracks and follows up with patients on testing and orders. Interacts with patients to have them physician ready at the beginning of the visit and ensures patient satisfaction at the end of their visit. In addition, maintains and orders the clinical and non-clinical supplies for their area.
- Travel to Center City and South Philadelphia is required for coverage assignments
- Provides daily coverage for ambulatory practices based on a monthly schedule assigned by immediate supervisor
- Escorts patients to exam rooms and ensures proper identification by confirming name, and date of birth.
- Performs and documents vital signs, clinical care quality measures, and medical history information.
- Directly assists physicians in the performance of medical/surgical procedures as directed.
- Reviews patient record for completion of orders and preventive screening and follows up with the patient, physician or outside facility as appropriate
- Performs and documents preventive screening per physician orders
- Works with patient to assist with care plan implementation
- Remains proficient and knowledgeable regarding the use and documentation requirements within information technology systems within established scope of practice.
- Adheres to HIPAA privacy and security requirements.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the values of Jefferson.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate from an approved Medical Assistant program required
- A minimum of one year of experience as a medical assistant in an outpatient setting is required.
- Three or more years of experience in a physician office, hospital or ambulatory care facility as a Certified Medical Assistant preferred.
- EPIC experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Nationally recognized Certification in Medical Assisting strongly preferred; must become certified within 6 months of hire.
- BLS certification through American Heart Association required.
- A valid Driver's License is required for practices with multiple sites.
- Must meet requirements of PA Act 73 regarding child abuse clearance if applicable to practice.
Since this position will require the selected candidate to engage in regular contact with children in the form of care, guidance, supervision or training, you will be required to meet the requirements of the Child Protective Services Act, including the Pennsylvania State Police criminal background check, the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare child abuse criminal background clearance, and an FBI finger print based federal criminal records check. The selected candidate will not be allowed to commence working until all three (3) are completed satisfactorily.Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation's best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Covid Vaccination is a requirement for employment at Jefferson for employees working at Jefferson's clinical entities or at the University. If you are not currently vaccinated you will be required to receive the vaccination prior to hire date if you are offered employment, unless you request and receive an approved medical or religious exemption from Jefferson.