In this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing direct patient care in a professional manner according to established policies, procedures, and standards of care.
- Performing venipuncture, injections, EKGs, point of care testing, recording vital signs/medical data, and other medical office procedures as directed by the clinical physician and/or supervisor.
- Working with other clinical staff in a team approach to provide excellent patient care and assist one another with day to day patient care concerns.
- Providing service to the following age population(s): pediatric, adolescent, adult, older adult and frail elderly in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served.
- Job descriptions are subject to change with continued Activation Planning. Modifications may be made at any time based on operational and patient needs.
If you possess the following qualifications, please apply immediately:
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assistants (5 years of continuous MA work in a very similar setting may be considered as equivalent to an accredited MA program) is required.
- Knowledge/familiarity with ICD9 codes, CPT coding and medical terminology is required.
- Ability to perform clinical functions such as venipuncture, finger sticks, injections and lab/specimen prep, as well as successful completion of computer-based clinical skills testing is required.
- General typing (28 WPM) preferred; filing and reception skills, spelling, grammar and telephone etiquette skills, and strong customer service skills are required.
- Must pass ECHA's Medical Assistant Skills test administered by the RAP Ctr..
- Medical Assistants schedules may include occasional evenings and/or weekends and may require assignment to other office locations to ensure safe staffing levels and optimal business operation - required.
- Current certification from the Medical Association of Medical Assistants preferred.
- Current CPR certification through the American Heart Association is required, or renewal must be obtained within 60 days of employment
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation's best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.