Title: Mechanical Project Engineer
Type: Contract to Direct Hire Opportunity!
Locations: Lancaster PA / Greater Philadelphia PA Region
We are currently seeking an experienced mid-level Mechanical Project Engineer to assist with single and multi-discipline projects in the Lancaster, PA region . The position requires experience in heavy industrial engineering projects—preferably in the steel and metals sectors.
The position requires the engineer to perform in various roles related to project development, detailed engineering design, project execution and technical support. This position will be located on site at the client’s facility.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Project scope development working directly with client engineering and operations.
• Establishing project design basis through interpretation of relevant industry codes & standards including ASME, API, NFPA, etc.
• Preparing project schedules from project inception through construction, commissioning, and start-up.
• Performing engineering studies, calculations and hydraulic analysis, design specifications, scope of work documents, project cost estimates and providing installation support services.
• Developing request for quotation bid packages for equipment supply and installation.
• Reviewing vendor and contractor submitted bids and preparing technical bid tabulations with recommendations.
• Organizing bid walkdown and kickoff meetings with contractors onsite.
• Reviewing vendor calculations, drawings, and reports as required by the project scope.
• Managing progress of projects relative to established plans, schedules, and budgets.
• Completing all tasks in accordance with client design and project execution procedures and guidelines.