Mechanical Engineer - Product Support Engineering
OPEX Corporation is looking for a full time Mechanical Engineer to join the Product Support Engineering team at our World Headquarters in Moorestown, NJ. This position is focused primarily on the design, documentation and engineering support of custom conveyor and automation equipment used in OPEX's Warehouse Automation product lines.
- Must have a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering; Advanced degrees are a plus.
- Candidate should have 5+ years of practical experience with electromechanical machinery. Automation equipment, robotics, or related manufacturing fields are a plus.
- Must have the ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work both in a team environment and alone, while multi-tasking.
- Experience with fabrication tools such as mills / lathes / welding equipment are a plus.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Oracle and Microsoft products is a plus, as is experience with Inventor.
- Must be able to travel to customer sites as necessary (typically less than 25% per year).
- Design, documentation and engineering support of custom conveyor and automation equipment used in OPEX's Warehouse Automation product lines.
- Design and development of components to improve performance, manufacturability, reliability, and serviceability and/or reduce costs.
- Support the installation team with technical documentation, engineering guidance, design modifications, and on-site problem solving as required.
- Support of OPEX products: Investigating, analyzing, and providing solutions for problems reported from Production and/or our Service staff.
- Ownership of all related Mechanical Engineering tasks from start to finish.
- Provide effective status updates to Product Support Engineering team and management.
- Participation in OPEX product training and ongoing technical / professional skills development as required.
- Provide detailed documentation to include design details, installation, and service details as well as theory of operation.
- Employee will work primarily in an office environment and occasionally in production/ warehouse facilities.
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time may be required.
- Occasional walking and/or driving between local OPEX facilities may be required.
- Occasional travel to customer sites may be required.
- Employee will frequently lift up to 10 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.