PEAK’s client is searching for a degreed Mechanical/ Manufacturing Engineer’s with (NPI) New Product Introduction experience, Design/ drafting skills in Solidworks and/ or NX, ideally from a Semiconductor, Microelectronic, or Robotic related Industry
- Support the concurrent design & development team to develop manufacturable & cost-effective new products throughout the process by assessing new product concepts for design for manufacturability, design for assembly, and manufacturing based cost estimating
- Provide support to engineering & operations in the preparation of detailed manufacturing assembly/test work instructions (supplemented w/ photographs) for electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Designing of assembly, alignment, weight handling and test fixtures.
- Resolve design, process, & tooling problems related to assembly of components.
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause failure analysis on mechanical subsystems and components.
- Highlight manufacturability issues and develop resolutions jointly with the design team.
- Drive programs to develop supplier and/or in-house manufacturing processes, quality systems, and continuous improvement systems to achieve problem resolution with minimum supervision via workflow optimization, cycle time reduction, & error reduction.
- Perform “Should Cost” analysis for fabricated parts, to determine the cost of a given parts based on manufacturing process efficiency and other factors including labor, materials, overhead, and profit margin.
- Prepare additional technical support documentation such as: As Built Configuration Records, Process Flow Travelers, Total Quality Process Audit Checklists, Troubleshooting Guides, and Test & Adjustment, Labor Hour, & Build Yield Data Collection Forms.
- Transition a stable product to the production and sustaining organizations in order to meet the Program Goals (i.e. - safety, ease of manufacture, lead-time, cycle time, quality, yield, reliability and cost objectives).
- Create weekly progress report on the deliverables for your area/s of focus.