SP Industries is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to design capital equipment and sub-assemblies under general supervision while following product and customer specifications, engineering guidelines, quality procedures and other documentation. The incumbent may also act as a project engineer or project manager as required.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Design cost effective equipment and systems to meet product and customer specifications.
- Confer with sales, estimating, service, manufacturing, and other engineering personnel to clarify specifications.
- Conduct feasibility studies, testing, and value analysis of new and modified designs for proposed system enhancements.
- Develop designs and processes to reduce cost, improve performance, and increase safety and reliability.
- Document designs with drawings, specifications, and materials lists for customer, vendor, and internal use.
- Produce manufacturing assembly procedures and instructional manuals.
- Manage assignments with minimal guidance and supervision.
- May direct the work of others within the department.
- Some travel to other SP facilities, vendors, or customer sites may be necessary. Some travel may be foreign.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, and Skills
- BSME degree, or an Associates Degree and equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years capital equipment engineering or related work experience required.
- A proven ability to apply design processes and a comprehensive knowledge of engineering concepts, practices, and procedures to the design of custom equipment.
- AutoCAD, Inventor, ProE, Solidworks, Unigrafix or other design package experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers one-on-one and in small groups.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in all duties
- Previous supervisory experience is a plus.
- Vocational or technical training is a plus.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The employee is regularly required to use normal office tools, equipment and PCs.
- The employee is regularly required to use color vision and work with computerized data.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is normally performed in both the office and the shop.
- The office environment is an interior office with air conditioning.
- The shop contains mobile equipment, machinery, and high voltages.
- The shop noise level is variable and may require hearing protection in some areas.
- The shop is heated when required but many areas are not air conditioned.
- Some shop processes use high voltage arcs or concentrated magnetic fields.
As we continue to grow and provide leading edge products to our customers, we understand hiring the right people and treating them well is critical to our success. There are many exciting reasons to join the SP Team.
- We provide a wide range of innovative and high quality scientific products that improve people lives
- We are customer-focused and value our team’s expertise.
- We respect each other and foster a collaboration work environment.
- We innovate and are open to change.
- We are responsible, accountable and act with integrity.
- WE LIKE WHAT WE DO
SP Industries offers
We are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits program focused on your total well-being.
- Competitive compensation package
- A robust health and welfare benefits package that includes: Life, Health, Dental, Vision
- The opportunity to plan for the future with a strong 401(K) including company match!
- Time to recharge with Paid Time Off annually + Paid Holidays
- Career Advancement opportunities and Tuition Assistance to help you achieve your goals and continue your career growth.
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.