- **Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. may be considered as W2 candidates.**
- **Please note that all Position start dates and duration are estimates and may be reduced or lengthened based upon a client’s business needs and requirements.**
Title: Marketing Consultant - Merchandising Strategy Analyst
Location: Actual location may vary. RI, USA, 02895
Duration: 12 Months
• This position(s) is responsible for providing detailed business analysis to the Category Management Team(s) and will support a subset of categories within the Edibles Team.
• The categories could include Grocery, Snacks, Candy, Beverages, Dairy, Alcohol and/or Healthy Food.
• Analysis will include sales, margin, retail pricing, promotional markdowns and trending of both internal and market level data.
• This position is also responsible for performing root cause analysis, problem resolution, category research and identifying potential strategic opportunities.
• The position will coordinate work streams related to item selection and set up; promotional, seasonal and off-shelf activities; vendor communication; strategic insight development; and reporting.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Quantitative Analysis: Collaborate with the Category Management Team(s) to scope and plan any and all financial and quantitative analyses that will aid in day-to-day management of the business and yield critical answers to longer-term strategic questions.
• Understand the required data sets to complete the analyses and procure them accordingly.
• Manage the delivery of timely, zero-defect analyses to support insight development.
• Run ad hoc analysis upon request and provide actionable insights with recommendations for next steps
• Product Management: Run Daily sales, seasonal reporting, weekly vendor reporting and analyze market data to assist in decision making. In addition,
• Partner with Category Management teams to build promotional plans and activities related to everyday and seasonal businesses.
• Attend proofing meetings and partner with Merchandising Analytics to manage funding.
• Attend seasonal meetings and work with Category Management teams to assist with item selection and coordinate all billing and end of cycle disposition.
• New Item set up and maintenance for planogram and mid-year items.
• Off-Shelf coordination of off-shelf programs with key suppliers, setting up programs and running off-shelf reporting.
• Oversee price change activities.
• Communication Development & Business Reporting: Communicate effectively, both verbally and on paper, to Merchandising and Cross-Functional teams throughout the organization.
• Partner with outside partners.
• Assist with communication and reporting on sales performance, seasonal sales and sell thru and ad planning.
• Distill findings and craft a succinct and powerful business case that effectively communicates actionable recommendations.
• Support the development of presentations for mid-level and senior executives.
• In addition to the above, this role will also support the development and execution of CLIENT’s Healthy Food strategy.
• Business Analytical Experience: A minimum of three to five years analytical experience in a business environment. Ability to multi-task several concurrent requests and quickly pull together data.
• Structured and Logical Thinking: The ability to dissect a problem into an organized approach, structure analysis, and develop recommended solutions providing actionable insights. Strong problem solver.
• Analytical Rigor: The ability to run and manage quantitative analysis in a defect-free manner. Mastery of Microsoft Excel is expected in this role.
• Passion for Retail: A history of work and/or passion for the retail/consumer industry.
• Powerful Communication: Ability to communicate effectively, succinctly and professionally, both verbally and on paper. Familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint is ideal.
• Team Collaboration: Motivated team player able to effectively collaborate with many individuals including the Category Merchandising team(s), functional and divisional leaders, Cross-functional Support Teams, Field Management and Vendor Partners.
• Educational Credentials: The right candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance or similar field.
• Minimum of 3+ yrs of combined experience in a marketing/communications role or a role which allows the individual to demonstrate creative skills associated with developing marketing materials such as brochures, letters, white papers, etc.
• Strong capabilities in coordinating cross-functional teams or working in a matrix organization for 2+ years.
• Experience in project coordination for 2+ years.