Title: Manufacturing Technician I
Location: Exton, PA
Start date: ASAP
- Assure that company products are of consistent and high quality by producing products in compliance with established procedures.
- Assists with performing designated operations within their manufacturing department, non-controlled and controlled environment areas in accordance with Standard Operation Procedures and all safety requirements as assigned.
- Handling of chemicals and solvents may be required.
- Provides basic support to outside own department as required.
- Provides suggestions on potential improvement opportunities in quality, product, processes and efficiency.
- Addresses simple and recognizable problems, from past experiences, and chooses from established alternative approaches to find a solution.
- Works with R&D, Engineering and other groups as assigned.
- Expresses ideas and listens to ideas of others.
- Keeps appropriate people informed.
- Seeks opportunities and sets goals for own development. Identifies and learns from mentors/developmental advisors.
- Works within job/position specific deadlines and schedules set by production schedule/supervisor.
- Keep detailed, accurate, and legible paper and computerized records of production activities following GMP guidelines.
- Advise Group Lead/and or Supervisor of perceived problems with processes, machinery, or product quality.
- Assure product quality through close attention to detail, inspection methods, and in-process testing as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manufacturing Supervisor.
- It is the responsibility of each employee to work in a safe and responsible manner in order to create an injury-free and incident-free workplace.
- Comply with all job-related safety, security, and other training requirements.
- Report any SHE and Security incidents (including observed risks) to management
- Show behavior in line with the SHE and Security risks and agreed controls, including being compliant to company and Biomedical requirements, rules, and procedures.
- Address any person behaving in a SHE and Security irresponsible way.
- Comply with company Life Saving Rules.
- As a key participant in the actual manufacture of medical devices, the individual must maintain an organized work flow and ensure appropriate system transactions are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assembly Techs must maintain flexibility to respond to ever-changing priorities and be able to help keep a team motivated attitude.
- Because the end use of the product affects patient safety, there is a need to be knowledgeable in the quality system requirements and be reasonably well-versed in technical aspects of the process.
- Good judgment and decision making is imperative.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two-year technical degree preferred.
- 0-5 years, entry level or preferably experience in Medical Device manufacturing or related industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills to provide information to others by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Good interpersonal skills to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
- Ability to participate in multifunctional teams.
- Proficient in the use of MSOffice, Word and Excel.
- Punctual, self-starter, dependable and detail oriented.
- Knowledge and experience working with machinery, tooling, and products/processes in a medical device environment preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Accuracy, a detail orientation, initiative to multi-task with deadlines, flexible can-do attitude, and ability to adjust workload to meet varying schedules.
- Industrial scale hands-on experience with process optimization focus.
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and present them.
- Ability to operate various equipment and hand tool in assigned areas with limited supervision.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.