We are currently seeking an experienced manufacturing supervisor to oversee our organization’s production pressroom operations. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and actively involved with all processes. They will ensure that manufacturing remains a smooth and efficient process while monitoring employees and organizing workflows. S/he must be highly skilled in complex operations and able to comprehend the multifaceted nature of the manufacturing process within the press room. The ability to optimize day-to-day activities while minimizing costs is also essential to ensure maximum quality and efficiency. This role is essential to our overall corporate objective – to ensure that the production processes result in products of maximum quality with maximum profits.
- Supervise a staff of 10-25 union personnel.
- Willingness to enforce compliance with safety guidelines and company standards.
- Analyze production output and check for compliance with specifications.
- Drives attainment and efficiency goals of all production.
- Ability to generate and submit reports on performance and progress.
- Knowledge of all essential equipment and ability to oversee and schedule regular maintenance.
Competencies and Abilities
- Supervisory skills needed to oversee employees and coach them effectively.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including the ability to spot issues in efficiency/productivity and suggest improvements.
- Ability to set daily/weekly/monthly goals, communicating them effectively to employees.
- Strong work ethic – self-motivated and results driven.
Required Education and Experience
10 years of manufacturing experience, with a minimum of 5 years in a supervisory role.
- High School Diploma required – a degree in a technical, engineering or relevant field is preferred.
- Working knowledge of various types of manufacturing machinery and tools – stamping presses, resistance welders, CNC turrets and CNC brakes.
- Knowledge of CAD software and CNC turret programming a plus.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with MRP systems a plus.
- Lean Certification preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to hold, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Plant is not a controlled atmosphere; it has dust, odors and noise. PPE is required in all areas. Forklifts are present and machinery may produce sparks, sharp scrap metal and fumes.
We offer a competitive starting wage plus a comprehensive benefit package including:
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Dental & vision plans
- Company paid life insurance
- Telemedicine program
- Voluntary additional life
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)