Job Title: Manufacturing Operations Support - I (Assistant)
Duration: 12 Months
Work location: West Point, PA
- Existing role with many opportunities for an individual
- Candidate will need to an Aptitude for troubleshooting, technically strong, Hands on person who must have Mechanical capability and demonstrated leadership.
- In the past this person could have been and an Asoc Process Engineer, Mechanical Engineer.
- Fresh Graduate/.Intern who has worked in this type of position prior to applying for this position, someone with shop floor manufacturing experience., Writing skills for orders and SOPs.
- Manufacturing entry level job.
- Team player
- This high impact role in client Manufacturing assures that products manufactured comply with cGMPs, operating procedures, and other applicable regulations and that our associated labor pay practices align with our Union contract and Human resource policies.
- This role also has a clear advancement path through Operations Management.
- The incumbent will assist with the direct processing of materials and data, the associated hourly workforce and computer systems to ensure attainment of business results.
- The incumbent will effectively collaborate with a work team with motivating others, ensuring performance, schedule execution, task coordination, equipment and area preparation and effective administration of personnel policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage conflict; affect resolution to technical and personnel challenges is key; openness to change; and the ability to affect positive change.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering
- 1 year experience in a heavily regulated industry (ex. FDA, Military, Nuclear, Petro-Chemical),
- 2 years post-grad experience
- Two (2) years’ working experience in cGMP pharmaceutical environment
- SAP experience
- Experience working within a Union environment
- Experience with technical writing related to investigations into manufacturing process variation
- Must be able to collaborate with team members in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives and action plans.
- Support activities in the areas of cost containment, efficiency, productivity, energy conservation, waste minimization, operational excellence, and lean practices.
- Must be capable of independently coordinating and completing optimization activities, in a multi-shift, shared ownership environment.
- Utilizes lean principles and six sigma methodologies to solve problems and develops these problem-solving skills in work teams.
- Must be able to facilitate implementation of corrective actions to correct past performance, proactively identify safety and quality-related trends, and be responsible for initiating actions to prevent issues from reoccurring. Recognizes and investigates opportunities for financial savings.
- Understands lean principles and applies these concepts to all aspects of the production environment.
- Use Microsoft Windows tools to manipulate and analyze large amounts of data and provide guidance on results and trends.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are very important.
- In this role you will assure compliance with safety and environmental practices, cGMPs Human resource Policies, Union contract and SOPs in the work area.
- Participate in external and internal audits and inspections. Initiate the investigation when a quality, safety or human resource event occurs.
- Work with members from Quality, Human Resource, Health Services, Technical Operations, Payroll, and external organizations to properly handle unplanned events.
- Ensure that corrective actions are implemented.