Title: Manufacturing Operations Support
Location: West Point, PA
Duration: 12 Months
We are seeking a Manufacturing Operations Support to collaborate with team members in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives and action plans. This Operations Support contractor will support activities in the areas of cost containment, efficiency, productivity, energy conservation, waste minimization, operational excellence and lean practices.
The Manufacturing Operations Support must be capable of independently coordinating and completing optimization activities, in a multi-shift, shared ownership environment. Utilizes lean principles and six sigma methodology to solve problems, and develops these problem-solving skills in work teams.
- Must be able to facilitate implementation of corrective actions to correct past performance, proactively identify safety and quality-related trends, and be responsible for initiating actions to prevent issues from reoccurring.
- Recognizes and investigates opportunities for financial savings.
- Understands lean principles and applies these concepts to all aspects of the production environment.
- Use Microsoft Windows tools to manipulate and analyze large amounts of data and provide guidance on results and trends.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are very important.
- In this role you will assure compliance with safety and environmental practices, cGMPs Human resource Policies, Union contract and SOPs in the work area.
- Participate in external and internal audits and inspections.
- Initiate the investigation when a quality, safety or human resource event occurs.
- Work with members from Quality, Human Resource, Health Services, Technical Operations, Payroll and external organizations to properly handle unplanned events.
- Ensure that corrective actions are implemented.