Kingsbury, Inc.'s Philadelphia Manufacturing Division is seeking a full-time Manufacturing Engineering Manager at their Northeast Philadelphia facility. Kingsbury, Inc. was founded in 1912 and is the leader in the design and manufacture of tilt-pad fluid film thrust and journal bearings for all types of rotating machinery, with thousands of installations worldwide. The Company is comprised of a Corporate office (Philadelphia, PA), two (2) manufacturing facilities (Philadelphia, PA and Oshkosh, WI) and two (2) repair and service facilities (Philadelphia, PA and Yuba City, CA) located in the United States. In addition, Kingsbury has one (1) manufacturing facility located in Göttingen Germany.
Apply to the following link:
Manufacturing Engineering Manager communicates with the Manufacturing and Process Engineering Departments to coordinate the work, continuous improvement and streamlining of CNC Programming, Tool Design and Fixture (work holding) Design, to meet the Manufacturing Department’s needs as it support the Corporate Core Values and Strategic initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the direct supervision of Programmers, Tool Designers, Fixture Designers, and Manufacturing Engineers including the scheduling of work.
• Develops and implements processes to improve the quality of programs and work holding consistency.
• Supports corporate strategic initiatives at the departmental level
• Ensures Shop coverage for programming needs all shifts.
• Develops and maintains data bases and assists with the creation, generation and improvement of CNC programs when required.
• Consults with programming, Tool Design, Manufacturing Manager, and Shop on tooling, fixtures, and methods for performing machining operations in the most effective process available.
• Analyzes, recommends, and implements advanced manufacturing techniques (tooling, machines, fixtures, programming, and simulation software)
• Recommends Capex machinery upgrades to gain marketplace advantages, quality and throughout improvements.
• Works with engineering product development teams on design for manufacturing feasibility and testing.
• Works with Sales on providing machining/programming data to quote job hours accurately to contribute on successful On-Time delivery.
• Directs the preparation of process failure modes and effects documents.
• Organize and lead lean manufacturing and continuous improvement activities.
• Responsible and accountable for departmental goals and budget.
• Works under and adheres to all applicable ISO-9001 system level procedures and work instructions
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline is required; Master’s degree is preferred, Syteline ERP experience a plus.
• Minimum of 10 years of manufacturing engineering experience and 5 years relevant leadership experience in a metals manufacturing and/or machining environment required.
• Must have extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes in a metals manufacturing and/or machining environment
• Working Knowledge of mechanical design tools is required, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Inventor, MasterCam
• Knowledge of Six Sigma methodology is preferred; continuous improvement, LEAN experience required.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret data are required, intermediate MS Excel knowledge.
• Strong decision making, problem solving, and organizational skills are required.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team and work jointly across departments is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Language: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to deﬁne problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Diversity & Inclusion
Kingsbury, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.