OPEX Corporation is currently looking for a full time Manufacturing Engineer to work at our company in Moorestown, NJ. This position will plan and coordinate manufacturing processes to develop, evaluate, and enhance manufacturing methods to be used in our high-speed mail extraction, document scanning and warehouse automation equipment.
OPEX provides a challenging and growing team-oriented environment for developing and expanding our innovative, industry-leading technology. If this sounds attractive, OPEX is a great place for you to advance your career.
- BS in Manufacturing Engineering or related field. (or with Associates Degree and equivalent experience); including planning and coordinating manufacturing processes.
- Prefer 5 years plus manufacturing engineering experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working with an ERP planning system
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Plans and coordinates manufacturing processes.
- Develops, evaluates, and enhances manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Coordinates with the planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Consults with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Other responsibilities as required
- Employee will be working in an office and production environment.
- Employee may occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.