- Provide overall leadership for operating results at the facility and deliver continuous improvement in key results areas of safety, organizational capability, quality, on time delivery, cost and growth.
- Maintain a culture of accountability across the organization for delivery of business and production objectives.
- Serve as change agent in institutionalizing industry leading tools and improvement systems (eg: Lean, DMAIC, Kaizen & Six Sigma, etc.) resulting in a best-in-class, sustainable lean operating environment.
- Develop a strong problem-solving culture with capabilities to ensure rapid resolution of operational issues and to drive ongoing improvements.
- Direct the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environmental by eliminating hazards and promoting safety awareness.
- Direct the department leads in the execution of their responsibilities to ensure meeting the plant's objectives for producing and shipping the quality and quantity of products.
- Coordinate manufacturing activities of all shifts operations. Responsible for all quality related issues as they pertain to the manufacturing area. Analyze production and quality control data to prevent, detect, and correct problems.
- Direct and approve programs and plans to improve employee relations and employee productivity; recommend/approve salary increases.
- Schedule, plan and conduct morning, weekly & monthly production meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related disciplines required, Master's degree desirable.
- 10+ years of progressive leadership growth in manufacturing environments with specific experience in Industrial, Fabrication, Automotive, Medical, Telecommunications, or Electrical Power Generation.
- Proven experience with production management, planning, material control and quality initiatives.
- Computer literate, Advance Excel Tools.
- Proven track record of superior results delivery and sustainment through process discipline and organization building.
- A full and verifiable understanding and commitment to lean operating principles as a foundation for effective operations and continuous improvement.
- Have knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment
- Good business acumen and analytic mindset; able to comprehend financial models of the business and able to think and act strategically in the interests of the whole business. Proficient with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM systems.
- Experience with ERP systems, GSS preferred.
- Certification as Black Belt, Lean Master or Green Belt. ISO/AS9100 experience.
- Skills: LEAN, Six Sigma, ERP, MS Office, Supply Chain Management, manufacturing, sheet metal, CNC, continuous improvement, planning, material controls, quality
- Demonstrating Ethics and Integrity
- Establishing Effective Teamwork
- Building and Maintaining Relationships
- Developing Others
- Communicating Effectively
- Managing Change
- Analysis, Solving Problems and Making Decisions
- Drive and Sense of Urgency
- Achieving Outcomes and Optimizing Processes, Procedures and Practices
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.