Silgan will invest in you and develop you as a subject matter expert in our can-making technologies. In a manufacturing capacity, you will work with internal departments and external customers to build, design, and modify complex tooling improvements in our manufacturing processes. This role provides coverage and support to various Silgan facilities across the country, traveling consistently from plant to plant, up to 70 percent.
The ideal candidate will have mechanical aptitude, a willingness to learn and grow in their manufacturing knowledge and adapt to a travel-for-work lifestyle. If this sounds like you, please apply so we can learn more about you.
What you'll do:
- Assist plant personnel with troubleshooting issues involving a specific technology
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment, conferring with equipment vendors.
- Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services, following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures, requesting particular service.
- Develop an understanding of the product and process materials and the calculators associated with a given technology (Cut edge, Efficiency, Rated speed, Electrical load, airflow, etc.)
- Participate in plant overhauls, changeovers, installations, PM, and trials to supplement core technology training
- Exercise good communication and interpersonal skills
- Travel up to 60% during the first 12 months; once established, travel will decrease to approximately 40%
What you need:
- Associate degree in Mechanical Engineering, Machining, Engineering Technologies, Machine Design or related; will consider the equivalent related experience in place of a degree.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Can do, will do attitude with a willingness to learn and grow in the organization.
- Desire to adapt to a high travel lifestyle
What we offer:
- A stable, reliable, and environmentally conscious company
- A great culture where you feel like a member of our family - achievements are recognized, acknowledged, and celebrated
- A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid time off, wellness program, tuition reimbursement, and more
Who we are:
Silgan Containers is the largest provider of metal food packaging in the United States. Trusted by America’s most respected brands, our reputation is based on a foundation of quality, excellence, and unsurpassed technical expertise. We pride ourselves on being a solution-based partner to our customers and work hard to earn their business every day.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan is a drug-free workplace.