The Consulting Finance team within Deloitte's Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization provides specialized finance-related services in support of Consulting's business leaders. This specific role focuses on the quickly evolving and growing NBI, Hybrid and Asset businesses within Consulting.
While each of Consulting's OPs is in a slightly different stage of maturity of hybrid/operate evolution, we see a common increase in focus on these offerings across the business. The Next Gen Business Finance team within Consulting helps drive adoption of consistent financial support and partner with the Hybrid FP&A and Hybrid Finance COEs to provide the reports and insights our leaders need to run these unique businesses in alignment with the guidance established by Deloitte Finance.
This role manages at both the portfolio / P&L level and the asset (PDI) level. This role also leads several complex strategic priorities in collaboration with the OPs, OP Asset Leaders and OP Asset Leader Teams. (i.e., Master Asset Inventory, Deloitte Asset Portal, Hybrid Assets business cases and plan transfer, PDI cost and recovery planning) while working with other members of the Next Gen Business Finance team.
Work You'll Do
- Build and strengthen the Next Gen Business OP Finance team, creating mid and long-term plans to support the continuing evolution of the business.
- Serve as a connection point between NBI, Hybrid and Asset business leaders and operations teams, Finance, Firm COEs, and Consulting leadership to improve operational support, drive innovation of tools and routines, and provide actionable insights, advice, and recommendations
- Team with Consulting's Delivery Transformation team as they continue to build out the PDI process
- Work seamlessly with the Firm's Hybrid FP&A and Hybrid Finance COEs (as well as peers in other businesses) to understand transformation efforts and share Consulting input into system, process, and operational recommendations. Serve as a change advocate within Consulting to support the roll-out of future changes
- Provide oversight and leadership of the Next Gen Business Finance team and share regular and actionable mentoring, feedback, and professional development opportunities to teams
- Support initiatives to help the business in achieving its strategic objectives
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related subject
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant finance experience, preferably in a professional services firm
- Minimum of 3-5 years leading and managing people in financial reporting, planning and/or analysis competency
Demonstrated Accomplishments in the Following Areas:
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Executive presence - presenting and partnering with leadership
- Strong communication skills
- Managing virtual teams and coordinating across other groups and COEs
- Business process improvement
- Problem solving skills
- Change management
- Formulating and delivering action plans for high profile strategic initiatives
- Developing innovative solutions to business issues and providing thought leadership
Technology or other Requirements
- Strong understanding of SAP, BPC, HANA, and other financial applications; familiarity with Zuora a plus
- Expert in Excel, advanced in PowerPoint and Word
- Understanding of Tableau capabilities for data visualization
- Exposure to IP-enabled businesses and asset/hybrid-specific nuances including revenue recognition, capitalization, KPIs
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado or Nevada, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is specific to the State of Colorado and the State of Nevada and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $86425 to $159165.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.