With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The purpose of this role is to build strong relationships with leaders in positions with global or regional span and a deep understanding of their operations or function in order to provide valuable insights about Financial performance and business issues. This includes support and advice related to budgeting, planning, forecasting, expenditure and business performance in line with the financial issues that are managed by the roles whom they support.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide Leaders with financial guidance and decision-making support (including regular business reviews) for strategic plans, business plans and targets, informed by analysis of key drivers of business and sensitivities, business cases and trends
- Support Line Managers as they develop budgets and forecasts by helping managers understand the financial impacts of their plans and decisions as well as providing advice about the Global Finance Calendar and key delivery dates.
- Provide financial analysis and reporting to internal customers with additional narratives, insights, and comments to assist E2E managers to meet and exceed their performance targets.
- Clearly define customer needs and review both ad-hoc and routine reporting and analytics to ensure they meet internal customers’ needs and are well understood.
- Liaise & coordinate with Finance peers to ensure consistency between the Sites and Functions and sharing learnings, innovation, and good practice
- Provide input into SLAs and COE performance feedback to assist with performance improvement, innovation and positively contributing to the Finance Transformation
- Contribute to specific projects as required to improve the business, Function or Finance’s performance.
Skills and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline; MBA or other advanced degrees in Accounting Qualification preferred desirable. Professional certification (CPA/CMA) desirable.
It is anticipated this role would have 8+ years’ experience in Finance roles, with extensive experience in budgeting and forecasting, analysis, including the development of business cases and some more complex financial analyses in a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research or Commercial environment or similar industry.
This role requires several important behavioral competencies to be successful:
- Sound interpersonal skills and the ability to influence,
- the ability to think through issues and execute solutions within globally integrated processes,
- timely decision making and priority setting,
- strong analytical thinking,
- organizational agility,
- the ability to effectively work cross-functionally and across all levels in a global organization.
The position also requires the ability to build and maintain strong relationships and collaborate effectively with multiple levels and cross-functionally within a site.