At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail Customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Plan and manage resources, finances, scope and services within the Core Network Operations area of Information Technology, contributing to our Customer Experience model. Manage and deliver standard core network services based on analytics and metrics to ensure availability and service goals are met and are focused on the Customer. Establish, maintain and enhance relationships for collaboration with technical peers, as well as various vendors and outsourcing partners. Participate in developing and implementing strategy/policy, with a focus on automation and zero touch models in support of this operation. Manage a platform of high complexity and scale, while mitigating change management risk in support of daily operations and the transitional support of projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead and manage IT staff and resources in accordance with IT Business Plan. For operations & maintenance: Plan and manage to the defined service level agreements at agreed upon budgets and operational metrics.
- Operate utilizing standard processes as defined within the Management Model. Oversee process improvement efforts and ensure adoption of standard processes and procedures that deliver sustainable top quartile cost and performance levels.
- Establish, maintain, and enhance relationships with business and IT partners. Communicate status to key stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Maintain current business knowledge/acumen, including a focus on the Customer experience to deliver business value.
- Evaluate performance and provide coaching for IT personnel. Participate in career development and succession planning processes. Promote diversity and foster teamwork, collaboration, and a learning organization. Provide input on development and retention processes for IT employees.
- Prepare and manage budget for area of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and typically 8 to 10 years’ experience in the management of network operations or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Appropriate technical skills in the field of network technologies, to include (but not limited to) Cloud providers (Azure preferred) Cisco routing, switching, wifi, security services, Citrix Netscaler load balancing services, Carrier & transport technologies and vendor services.
- Experience and effective management of the automation of networking related workflows, incident management and zero touch incident resolution
- Demonstrate the ability to leverage data analytics and metrics to improve service levels and drive efficiencies in services
- Strong knowledge of business practices and processes in Change, Incident & Problem Management
- Experience leading and managing technical personnel.
- Strong judgment and excellent analytical ability.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of IT and business management and with vendors.
- Experience managing budgets for functional area of responsibility.
- Graduate degree
- ITIL Certified
- Total Staff Managed: 10 to 20
- Utilizes the Customer perspective to determine requirements and help set direction.
- Requirement to mentor others and assist in learning appropriate theories, practices and principles that relate to their skill set portfolio and related sciences and disciplines.
- Makes judicious decisions in familiar and new situations and contributes to strategic decisions.
- Represents the Customer perspective within IT team.
- Dimensions: Span of control (generally 10), level of budget control, technical/business complexity, risk, criticality of assignment to business
- Budget Management specific to area of accountability.
- Operates independently with little or no supervision
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor