Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Manager, Biostatistics will be acting as a project-level and study-level statistician. This role is responsible for statistical aspects of study design, for coordinating the analysis, validation, and study documentation, and for publication of data from all phases of studies. This position will work collaboratively with clinical development, pharmacology, clinical drug supply, project management, regulatory affairs, medical affairs, medical writing and especially with data management, clinical operations, biostatistics, and clinical data analysis and will oversee the work of statistics and programming external vendors.
- Provide timely and scientifically sound statistical expertise to clinical development projects.
- Participate in department and cross-functional meetings to optimize clinical study designs, endpoints, and analysis strategies.
- Collaborate with members of project teams to establish project timelines and to develop and implement protocols
- Work closely with data management, clinical operations, clinical data analysis, and other biostatisticians to develop and validate study-specific data capture systems
- Develop statistical analysis plans, coordinate and perform data analysis and validation as necessary, and provide data interpretation
- Manage CROs regarding statistical issues and activities to ensure timely delivery of analysis results
- Provide guidelines and standards to CROs to ensure quality of deliverables. Participate in CRO selection process
- Attend regulatory meetings to support and defend clinical programs.
- Collaborate with clinical scientists, thought leaders, and medical writers, both internally and externally, in the publication of study data
- Stay current with new developments in statistics, drug development and regulatory guidance through literature review, conference attendance, etc.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of clinical trial design and analysis
- Proficient in US drug development regulatory requirements as they relate to statistics
- Experience in contributing to NDAs or BLAs
- Familiarity with pharamcokinetic/pharmacodynamic data, a plus
- Proficient in using SAS; knowledge of other statistical applications and programming languages a plus
- Experience using CDISC SDTM and ADaM models and standards
- Experience supporting publication of analysis results (e.g. abstracts, posters, manuscripts) a plus
- Excellent in both oral and written communications
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- MS, MPH, or PhD in statistics, mathematics, or related field, with 4+ years (MS) or 2+ years (PhD) experience
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of normal work hours, in order to meet business demands.
Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.