A Global Food Packaging company with 4,000 people in the US is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor at their SQF certified food plant in NJ. Excellent salary + Annual Bonus + Sign-on bonus.
Job Posting # 2395R
Job Title : Maintenance Supervisor – Food – 2 nd shift 2 nd shift starts: 3 PM (see Note 1)
Compensation: Salary of $80k - $95K + 5% Target Bonus Location: Swedesboro, NJ
Relocation: Client is offering a Sign-On Bonus of $5K for relocation assistance.
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Company matched 401K retirement plan etc.
Our client is a premier producer of convenience fresh foods. The company has been around for 50 years with 4,000 people and 4 plants in the US . This is a non-union plant with around 800+ people.
Job Description :
Note 1: This is a 2 nd shift position (starting 3 PM till around 1 AM). This shift will work 5 days per week including 1 weekend day. (Preference of 2 Off days - Friday/Saturday or Sunday/Monday)
This person will supervise 5 - 10 maintenance technicians supporting partial packaging lines.
Note 2: The critical facilities / utilities systems are for compressed air, clean water and most important, refrigeration system using R22.
Note 3: The person without an AAS or BS degree will be considered if they have 5+ years of maintenance experience and 2+ years of maintenance Team Lead / Supervision experience.
Note 4: The right person will need to have balancing skills of hands-on technical and maintenance skills along with people and leadership skills to be successful in this critical role.
Position directs and coordinates all maintenance activities and modifications on production line equipment in a manner to ensure the equipment can operate at maximum efficiency. The position is responsible for developing associates under her/his direct supervision in all aspects of the maintenance function. Position is also responsible for supporting and accomplishing goals and objectives using the "team" management approach by working closely with other departments, especially Production and Engineering.
Additionally, the person in this position will have a good working knowledge of HVAC and utilities systems in order to effectively structure and manage teams to effectively manage and maintain the infrastructure from both a performance and regulatory standpoint.
● Requires advanced technical and working knowledge in maintaining Production line equipment
● Must have supervision techniques, planning and scheduling of maintenance work and work prioritization
● Knowledgeable in preventive maintenance techniques and ability to develop preventive maintenance programs form vendor manuals
● Knowledge of operating budgets and analyzing and forecasting variances
● Knowledge of personal computer spreadsheet software and programs
● Must have working knowledge of electrical power distribution and be able to read basic electrical diagrams, basic instrumentation and Programmable controller (PLC) mechanical and hydraulic systems
● Must be able to troubleshoot problems on production line equipment
● Knowledge in ammonia refrigeration systems, lubrication requirements, and water treatment methods
● Knowledge of OSHA, and GMP requirements