Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
As a member of a team of dedicated legal professionals, this position primarily works on litigation matters in support of the Assistant General Counsel (Litigation, Environmental & Regulatory Compliance), the Assistant General Counsel (Intellectual Property) and the Assistant General Counsel (Employment) on a daily basis, as well as maintains litigation platforms to include but not limited to Legal Holds, eDiscovery and document retention and storage.
- Manage litigation holds and preservation of evidence;
- Conduct internal e-discovery searches and evaluate relevant documents to provide detailed summary based on search results;
- Provide litigation support (internal investigations and litigations);
- Conduct witness interviews and coordinate with sites to obtain documents and information responsive to subpoenas and discovery demands;
- Organize case files, both electronic and hard files;
- Coordinate and prepare document productions;
- Perform legal research (Westlaw and Internet);
- Manage document retention schedule, offsite storage and other projects, as needed;
- Perform assignments or related duties, as required, to assist the General Counsel, Assistant General Counsel, attorneys, and U.S. and international Sector managers on a vast majority of requests requiring legal project management and/or timely and complex preparation of a variety of legal documents including letters, forms, leases and contracts;
- Perform duties associated with electronic invoice management, including opening, maintaining and closing files, matter entry and update material, scan documents, attach to appropriate file; and
- Carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- College Degree Preferred (two year minimum) and/or Paralegal Certificate
- Minimum five (5) years of paralegal experience with current litigation experience
- Strong computer and software skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other business-related software (e.g. Adobe Pro ,)
- Strong computer skills in legal technology software and applications (Westlaw, Symantec Discovery, Onit, O365 Security & Compliance, Equivio (or other matter management/e-billing, e-discovery and legal hold applications)
- Familiarity with relevant Johnson Matthey Group and Johnson Matthey NA legal policies and procedures desirable
- Experience working in an international environment desirable