The Philadelphia office is seeking an experienced paralegal for the Life Insurance & Annuity team. The ideal candidate has 3+ years of litigation experience with strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Experience with preparation and service of subpoenas a plus. Comfortable prioritizing and balancing a variety of tasks. Ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, high intensity environment and is willing to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.
- Preparation, service, and tracking of a variety of subpoenas.
- Assist in preparing and electronically filing legal documents.
- Assist attorneys in preparation for hearings and trials.
- Case file management (create, organize, track and maintain files; monitor calendars and meeting deadlines; document actions; input information into file database and case management software).
- Scheduling depositions, assisting with discovery requests and responses.
- Document management including but not limited to review of documents, bates labeling, organization of documents and compiling information for discovery responses/pleadings/motions.
- Perform factual research and investigation.
- Proofread legal documents.
- Draft correspondence and memoranda for attorneys as requested.
- Trial preparation and attendance at trial (organizing evidence, preparing exhibits, scheduling witnesses, ensuring that witnesses are ready when needed).
- Case management, including advanced working knowledge of E-discovery, including the technical aspects of collecting, reviewing, and producing electronically stored information (state and federal court). Proficiency in software such as Relativity, LiveNote, Case/Time Map, Summation, Adobe Acrobat, and Trial Director preferred.
A four year bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate required.
Cozen O'Connor is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Cozen O’Connor is committed to employing a diverse complement of attorneys and staff, and to fostering greater inclusion in the legal profession. We understand the organizational effectiveness that comes from welcoming and valuing difference within the firm, and we know that assembling a team with a rich diversity of perspectives and experience is necessary to providing the highest quality legal service. We encourage candidates to apply and join us in this effort.