Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
In the role of Lead Software Engineer you will be at fore front of innovating and engineering software solutions using modern day technology stack. This role will be transformational in managing team of software engineers for innovating solutions to drive automation efficiencies in core Network Services team.
- Develop a robust understanding of business, market, and customer needs and can leverage that knowledge to propose and engineer new or improved solutions to customers
- Lead a team of software engineers to design, architect solutions, define best practices, standards for software development and perform code reviews
- Drive open source adoption in alignment with Enterprise technology architecture
- Mentor and knowledge share with global team members in areas of software engineering expertise
- Innovate, build, design and develop reusable frameworks to drive automation - Build once, reuse multiple times
- Use Agile based OSAM principles to drive automation efficiencies in reducing manual effort, quality with speed for delivery
- 60 – 70 % Hands-on technical development, 30 – 40 % coaching and mentoring engineers in the team (e.g. 5 - 6 engineers globally)
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience developing Web Services such as Rest APIs or GraphQL functions
- 2+ years of experience architecting solutions in one or more of reusable frameworks or Lambda functions or Serverless functions
- 3+ years of experience building CI / CD Pipelines using Jenkins, Git, Docker
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of engineers (5 - 6 engineers globally)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Knowledge of open source technology like Grafana, Graph databases, Influx DB (time series db.)
- Knowledge and experience in open source software such as Stack Storm or AWX Ansible
- Streaming technologies like Kafka
- Experience with Splunk
- Agile experience
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Lead Software Engineer, Plymouth, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote