You have a clear vision of where your career can go. And we have the leadership to help you get there. At CNA, we strive to create a culture in which people know they matter and are part of something important, ensuring the abilities of all employees are used to their fullest potential.
Under broad supervision provides administrative supervision to a legal support staff, and provides legal and administrative support to a managing attorney.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
Assigns, distributes, coordinates and supervises the work activities of subordinate staff. Leads, coaches and mentors work groups, and coordinates training and development while mobilizing others to deliver results.
Performs complex legal administrative support for managing attorney and on day to day operational matters.
Participates in complex and other special projects.
Prepares and distributes management reports.
As necessary, may be responsible for the day to day coordination and routine administration of office technical support, resolving or escalating issues as needed.
Manager or above
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
1. Ability to effectively lead, coach and mentor legal support staff.
2. In-depth understanding of legal terminology and practices as well as knowledge of the organization and insurance industry.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including professional phone etiquette, and ability to effectively interact with internal/external business partners.
4. Excellent organizational skills including ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects.
5. Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
6. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and other business related software systems.
7. Focuses on objectives to set direction and drive superior results.
8. Stays informed on relevant insurance industry trends.
9. Uses Metrics and information analysis and accesses technology resources as needed.
10. Builds a competitive organization by attracting, managing, developing and retaining the talent needed to win.
11. Value driven to provide superior solutions to internal and/or external customers.
12. Acts with a sense of urgency to advance priorities of the organization.
13. Helps other to excel through collaboration and building strong relationships.
14. Thinks creatively and uses diverse ideas to solve problems.
15. Raises expectations of self and others by continuously learning and broadening industry and technical skills.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelors Degree with paralegal certification, or equivalent.2. Typically a minimum four years related experience.
CNA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the recruitment process. To request an accommodation, please contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].