U.S. Facilities, Inc., a consolidated building maintenance services company, is seeking a Laborer to work in the West Chester, PA area.
The laborer will be responsible to perform preventive, corrective and general maintenance and repairs. Operates and can maintain all mechanical and electrical building systems and equipment that supply the building with heat, power, ventilation, air conditioning, and/or refrigeration, and any other support systems, including minor general building mechanical repairs and minor alterations (plumbing, carpentry, furniture moves, ceiling tile replacements, etc.).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of service work in one or more specialized building systems such as mechanical, electrical / plumbing, hydraulics, carpentry, or machine servicing, etc.
- Performs and assists with any necessary maintenance in plumbing, mechanical work, carpentry, relamping/ lighting repairs.
- Must work in the capacity as helper to other co-workers.
- Maintain & schedule daily corrective work requests as well as PM maintenance work orders.
- Must possess the ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, and manuals.
- Plans, selects, and lays out required materials for service and repair work.
- Requisitions for new supplies and equipment.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards. Must be able to pass a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug screen.
- Proven record of excellent internal and external customer service.
- When required, able to communicate building issues to Account/Facilities Manager and Senior.
- Responsible for determining overtime requirements and clearly communicating with the Account/Facilities Manager.
- Performs all work in adherence to all Safety procedures. This includes confined space, safe work, permit to work, etc. Management.
- Valid Driver's License required
- May be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth above to address business needs and changing business practices.
Education and Experience required: include the following:
- Must have HS diploma
- Must have minimum 3yrs work experience
- Must be qualified and knowledgeable in operation & installation of Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC and mechanical equipment
- Team player with a strong work ethic.
- Must have a history of safe work practices and training.
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Management, customers, contractors and co-workers.
- Must have a willingness to learn new skills and assist co-workers.