Position: Kitchen Worker
Department: The Red Shield Family Residence
Availability of Position: Immediate
Schedule: Full time; Monday-Friday. Requires some evening, weekend, and holiday hours
Reporting Relationship: Kitchen Supervisor
Salary/Grade: $14.25 per hour; 73 Non-exempt
The Salvation Army is hiring and offers truly excellent benefit package to eligible employees including:
- Generous paid time off every year that includes: holidays, up to 3 personal days, vacation time and sick time.
- Employer funded Pension Plan (company contributions begin after 1 year of employment)
- Comprehensive health care coverage with low cost employee premiums, co-pays and deductibles
- Eligibility for supplemental insurance plans including Short Term Disability, AFLAC and Voluntary Term Life
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Remitted Tuition Program
- Eligibility for the Federal Governments Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Most importantly a job with a good purpose!
The Kitchen Worker is responsible for the execution of meals according to the menus established by the Kitchen Supervisor in a family shelter setting. The Kitchen Worker helps maintain a clean and safe work environment and participates in the clean-up of the kitchen and dining area after each meal serving. The Kitchen worker also is assigned to mop, remove trash, counter cleaning, and dish washing. The Kitchen Worker also participates in the routine unloading of delivery trucks and storing of food and maintaining the cleanliness of all storage areas. The Kitchen Worker must be willing to uphold safety and cleanliness of the kitchen and enjoy working closely with co-workers and residents residing in shelter.
- Must have a food safety certification recognized by the National Restaurant Association within 90 days of hire.
- Must have H.S. diploma / GED.
- Must have valid driving license and good driving record to operate Salvation Army vehicles.
- Must be able to safety use knives, mechanical slicer, and other basic kitchen utensils and appliances.
- Must understand and have an appreciation for the Mission of the Salvation Army.
- Meets the Child Protection Clearances required by PA Act 153 to include PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check, PA Mandated Reporter Training, and FBI Criminal Record Check.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English.
Contact: Please e-mail your resume and a cover letter to:
Syretta Hill, Operations Manager
The Salvation Army Red Shield Family Residence
715 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19123
Current Salvation Army Employees can apply online at http://internal-usesalvationarmy.icims.com.
Prospective employees can apply online at http://careers.salvationarmy.org.
Updated by the Divisional Human Resources Department on 7/7/22.
The Salvation Armys Mission Statement
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church.
Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God.
Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ
and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Requisition No. 1722