White Horse Village (WHV),a retirement community located in Newtown Square, PA is seeking to add a part time Utility Worker to their team! WHV offers housing and healthcare services for seniors, living out its mission to intentionally create opportunities for extraordinary living in a vibrant, diverse community through personal growth, connectedness and relationships seeks team members committed to quality service who are looking to make a difference in our residents lives. There is a sign on bonus as well as a retention and referral bonus!
The primary purpose of The Utility Worker is to ensure that all dishes , pots/pans, work utensils and work areas are clean, sanitary and organized as directed and in accordance with established dietary policies and procedures, federal, state and local regulations.
- Work with the Utility Service Coordinator/Executive Chef or Dining Service Manager as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
- Assure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
- Serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis.
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Clean work tables, refrigerators/freezers, etc.
- Sweep and mop floors as directed. Clean walls and ceilings as directed.
- Carry soiled utensils, etc., to wash area.
- Place soiled linens in designated hampers/laundry area, following departmental policies and procedures.
- Return clean utensils to proper storage areas.
- Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous equipment, supplies, etc.
- Set up meal trays, food carts, dining room, etc., as instructed
- Clean and sanitize all dishes, pots/pans, glassware, silverware, serving utensils/containers, work utensils, etc., according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Perform dishwashing/cleaning procedures. Assure that dishes, utensils, etc., are readily available for next meal.
- Return clean dishes, glassware, silverware, serving utensils, work utensils, etc., are delivered to proper storage area.
- Perform daily or scheduled cleaning duties, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Set up room service trays and staff trays according to established departmental policies and procedures.
- Deliver room service trays as necessary.
- Remove food trays from carts and take to dishwashing area.
- Review and comply with Material Safety Data Sheet information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.