Gopuff is the go-to solution for immediate everyday needs, fulfilling customer orders of cleaning and home products to over-the-counter medications, food and drinks, and in some markets, alcohol - in just minutes.As a member of Gopuff’s new Fresh Food & Local team, the Kitchen Lead role is crucial to contributing to the success of Gopuff Fresh & Local by leading and managing a vertically integrated kitchen. As Kitchen Lead, your first and most important priority is to ensure a positive experience for all of our customers and staff. You will be responsible for managing day to day operations of a new concept where the main priorities are delivering a quality product.
- Leadership & Professional Communication
- Have a strong understanding of the business that you operate, including daily, weekly, and monthly performance against goals
- Manage a high-volume cloud kitchen, producing a wide variety of food menu items for delivery
- Staffing & People Management. Build a repeatable process to hire A-players for your kitchen. One of your biggest tasks will be attracting, screening and interviewing Kitchen Associate talent to bring the best to people to Gopuff
- Maintaining a fully stocked working kitchen that is organized in the best way to handle busy delivery business
- Adhere to local health & safety standards and maintain a clean kitchen
- Schedule in a timely manner and manage to a labor budget
- Supervise the proper execution of all kitchen menu items and recipes, and training your Kitchen Associates to properly prepare the entire menu
- Inventory, ordering, and menu management - you are responsible for ensuring that your kitchen opens every day with the ability to cook every item on the menu
- Ensure the trains run on time. Every operating day, ensure your kitchen opens on time and properly with the opening checklist, and make sure your kitchen closes properly according to the closing checklist and any systemic issues are immediately escalated - whether you are there that day or not!
- You are responsible for all customer interactions at your cafe - everything that your teams do well is a reflection of you; everything that your team does poorly or fails to do is also a reflection of you. The buck stops with you.
- Displays a customer-first attitude by training and holding kitchen associates accountable for delivering legendary customer service and top notch food and beverage products
- Demonstrates a professional and calm demeanor at all times - especially during periods of high volume and stress
- Cultivates and maintains a positive vibe within the team and kitchen
- Plans, communicates and delegates responsibilities and practices to kitchen associates to ensure a positive and smooth flow of operations
- Utilizes existing tools to prioritize communications with both kitchen team members and your Gopuff field operations colleagues while using discretion to filter communications when and where necessary
- Coaches and directs Kitchen Associates to help reach operational goalsActs as an objective observer to identify problems, concerns and opportunities for operational improvement
- Manages associates by regularly conducting performance assessments, providing feedback and setting goals to improve team performance
- 5+ years of food service supervisory experience, with Kitchen Manager experience highly preferred and ServeSafe Certification preferred
- Strong professional competence, comfortability, and experience with Google Suite, Slack, etc
- Experience with scheduling software and hiring/disciplinary action
- A strong sense of professional responsibility and ownership
The only predictable thing about life is that it’s wildly unpredictable. That’s where we come in.
When life does what it does best, customers turn to Gopuff to deliver their everyday essentials, and to get through their day & night, work day and weekend.
We’re assembling a team of thinkers, dreamers & risk-takers...the kind of people who know the value of peace of mind in an unpredictable world. (And people who love snacks.)
Like what you’re hearing? Welcome to Gopuff.
The Gopuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an equal employment opportunity employer.