TxMQ is a leading boutique systems integrator and software consulting company. With a team of mostly remote developers, engineers and subject matter experts, we rely on the most robust, secure and highly available internal systems and technology. Our IT manager must set the standard internally, to ensure best in breed services are available to our customers. If you're hard-working and dedicated, with a deep understanding of systems, technology, networking and more, this is an ideal role. Seeking out an individual with some experience supporting a small business, but also bring some exposure to Fortune 500, with a contemporary understanding of networking, routers, switches, etc.
Systems Support Engineering, IT or Systems Management, Systems Administration and Network Engineering....
- Take a proactive role regarding all TxMQ systems, internal, hosted cloud and other
- Implement company IT policies when they exist, or contribute to setting new policies where they do not
- Set standards regarding versioning, backup, disaster recovery planning, usability
- Work with leadership to determine company needs today, and into the future
- Work with leadership to establish KPIs and dashboards to continuously improve uptime, and services delivery, along with customer and staff satisfaction
- Determine roadmaps where needed to ensure maximum uptime, and maintain the highest possibility usability by internal staff and clients and partners where needed
- Lead IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software
- Work with leadership on DR policy and business continuity policy including: Implement, monitor, and test backup and recovery procedures for internal systems and infrastructure to company standards
- Identify, purchase, install and configure IT assets including servers, networking equipment, workstations, laptops, and cloud infrastructure
- Manage the acquisition and maintenance of software licenses for TxMQ employees. Ensure TxMQ is compliant with all applicable software licenses.
- Utilizing the internal Service Desk system, record and categorize incoming technical issues, help internal and external customers troubleshoot issues they encounter, and provide actionable responses to resolve the problem to include training end users on proper-use of service desk, software, and hardware systems.
- Establish procedures, processes, and priorities related to IT assets (software inventory) and device life cycle (evaluate, purchase, installation, configuration, operation, patch management, refresh, retirement and disposal)
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed:
- Provide accurate, timely and correct (SLAs) onboarding & offboarding support (for clients, staff, vendors, partners and others as needed).
- Gain knowledge and provide technical support for a variety of assets (hardware & software)
- Maintain asset inventory
- Communicate with customers (internal and external) to identify symptoms, causes, and solutions effectively and efficiently (Including root cause analysis)
- Manage open customer issues, providing timely updates regarding the status of outstanding issues.