We are looking for artistic, detail-oriented candidates with good interpersonal skills for the position of Interior Designer. The Interior Designer's key responsibilities include visualizing and sketching design plans as per client goals, sourcing products and materials, determining costs and inspecting construction to ensure alignment with design specifications are met. You will also be expected to comply with the regulatory environment around inspections and building codes.
Good Interior Designers are able to think creatively about the use of space, color and movement and will draw on other artistic mediums for creative inspiration. They will also be effective communicators with the ability to persuade in communicating a design idea.
Interior Designer Responsibilities:
- Outline client design objectives.
- Conceptualize and sketch design plans.
- Determine cost of completion and project requirements in the budgeting phase.
- Set a timeline for the completion of an interior design project.
- Source materials and products included in plans.
- Create 'mood boards' to sample your design vision.
- Utilize computer applications in the design process.
- Inspect design after completion to determine whether client goals have been met.
Interior Designer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or related field.
- History of working on larger scale commercial, hospitality, and corporate projects.
- Portfolio of design work.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with computational design.
- Highly creative, imaginative and artistic.
- Excellent communication skills, especially in regard to communicating an artistic vision.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, Illustrator, SketchUp or similar design software.
Take your career to the next level and APPLY NOW.
Please contact Lucas Wilber directly at 605-496-9422 or at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for more information on this or any other positions you may be interested.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.