You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
Under broad supervision, the Instructional Designer II position is responsible for design, development, and maintenance of dynamic eLearning, instructor led, blended or performance support training solutions and tools that enhance the capabilities and productivity of Ryder's employees.
- Creates learning content and testing to support major training and assessment initiatives, and set up report results into the LMS, as appropriate. Performs needs analysis and curriculum reviews on a regular basis
- Consults with subject matter experts, business owners to develop instructionally sound objectives, content, and implementation and evaluation learning strategies to deliver customized learning solutions. Organizes projects appropriately to accomplish deliverables while adhering to scope and timeline. Collaborate in the development and implementation of best practices in the use of instructional technologies, tools, and processes.
- Designs and develops learning project proposals / statement of work that also include program implementation and evaluation approaches.
- Ensures instructional design solutions are appropriately matched to objectives and desired outcomes. Commitment to identifying and communicating creative and innovative ideas in ways that gain consensus and build partnership
- Stays abreast on emerging trends in learning methods. Ensures training solutions incorporate best practices in adult learning
- Collaborates with other team members on projects and initiatives
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Demonstrates customer service skills
- Demonstrates written communication skills
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to be comfortable and effective with issues that lack clarity, structure or certainty
- Ability to guide, engage, and impart knowledge to others
- Ability to prioritize, structure and schedule tasks to maximize effort and meet deadlines
- Maintains composure under pressure
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings, work sessions, and training
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Project management skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Bachelor's degree required business, education, instructional design technology, education technology, related area or minimum 8 years equivalent work experience in designing and developing e learning, instructor led, blended or performance support training materials and/or solutions.
- Master's degree preferred in related field.
- Five (5) years or more assessing, designing, developing, and implementing learning solutions, as well as designing, developing, and producing e-learning training materials/solutions, planning, designing and developing an integrated curriculum (e.g., Corporate University, Trainee Programs). This position demands strong knowledge of adult learning principles and instructional design methodologies. Experience with at least one authoring/development tool such as Captivate, Storyline, etc... Experience working closely with clients and subject matter experts to develop training strategies and solutions. Experience in using a Learning Management System (LMS) or Learning Content Management System (LCMS). Experience working closely with clients and subject matter experts to develop training strategies and solutions. Proven experience and ability to design, develop and facilitate effective needs analysis processes and provide training recommendations and estimates. required
- Five (5) years or more education or business environment required
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.
Training and Development
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America’s largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.