UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This opportunity is with one of UnitedHealthcare’s largest business areas: Medicare & Retirement - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader. Our channel primarily supports the sales growth of the AARP Medicare Supplement product through external parties including field agents and partners. As part of the learning solutions for this business channel we are looking for someone who can provide professional, effectively designed sales training programs and materials in addition to staying abreast of various training delivery techniques, business processes, products and systems across all functional areas. This will be done in accordance with management and functional leaders to gather information on business needs to design instructor led, web-based and e-learning training for our external sales partners including product updates, processes, and sales promotions. As a key resource to others, the Instructional Designer must maintain a high degree of accuracy along with attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to always meet deadlines. This position will require a high degree of professionalism working with executive leaders and supporting large group presentations.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and development of both instructors led and online / web-based training materials for internal and external parties
- Conduct training needs analysis for three business channels (agent field, aggregators, and group) and develop training materials to help educate the appropriate audience, promote the product, and positively impact sales
- Manage ongoing evaluations and assessments to ensure accuracy and effectiveness of programs while recommending / implementing modifications as necessary
- Collaborate with SMEs to obtain training content; must be comfortable working with individuals from entry to executive level within the organization
- Build brand equity within the training materials and partner with other areas of business within UnitedHealthcare when needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- 5+ years of experience in an instructional design role in a large corporate environment
- A portfolio showing relevant work samples that includes actionable, results-driven learning solutions
- Experience designing and developing both instructor led and online learning programs and tools, experience with instructional design and formatting
- Proven technical skills with experience with PowerPoint (create & edit), Microsoft TEAMs or Zoom (Create and manage), Brainshark (Create, edit self-learning modules) or similar learning and development platforms
- Instructional design certification or degree
- 5+ Experience in the health care industry, Medicare and in a regulatory environment
- 5+ Experience in a Corporate environment with Executive level engagement
- 5+ Experience working in a sales environment and with field agents, aggregators, or employer groups
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, influence, collaboration and listening skills and drive for results individually and in a team setting
- Proven experience with online learning development tools (such as: Adobe Captivate, Articulate Suite, Storyline, Engage or equivalent)
- Eye for detail and consistency in style
- Demonstrated collaborative partnerships with peers, others in Learning Solutions, and with business partners
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills and ability to balance multiple priorities
- Proven communication and presentation skills
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: instructional design, instructional designer, learning and development, training, trainer, UHC, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote