Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 3.8 billion Euros turnover, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
In Vivo Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with In Vivo Release Testing (IRT), to perform tests in support of releasing vaccines to market.
- Work is task-oriented, of moderate complexity, and is assigned, monitored, and directed by area management or designee.
- Support IRT activities with the execution of general operational tasks which may be associated with facilities, scheduling, assembly, coordination, delivery, and maintenance of study or program-related information.
- Conduct laboratory procedures in compliance with established protocols/plans.
- Document experimental data in technical notebooks or approved electronic files.
The ideal candidate would possess :
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Experience working on Biologics Release Testing in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Experience with rodent handling and injections via the intraperitoneal (IP) and intracranial (IC) routes intramuscular (IM), intravenous (IV), and subcutaneous (SQ) routes of administration observations.
- Experience with rodent observations of physical signs, differentiating and understanding normal rodent behavior and behavior induced due to compound effect.
- Experience with gross examinations and necropsy.
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in biological sciences, toxicology, or a related field.
- Knowledge of cGMPs and experience working in a GMP environment.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time Monday through Friday with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of West Point, PA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins Lancaster Labs employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com .
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.