Main HQ Center City 650 - Philadelphia, PA
4 Year Degree
$56,000.00 - $60,000.00 Salary/year
Up to 25%
Nonprofit - Social Services
Equal Opportunity Employer
The mission of the Health Federation of Philadelphia is to promote health equity for marginalized communities by advancing access to high-quality, integrated, and comprehensive health and human services. Health equity is at the heart of all our work. We believe in and are firmly committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, sex or gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status. This commitment applies to all aspects of the Health Federation of Philadelphia's employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promotion.
The Philadelphia Department of Public Health (PDPH), Division of Disease Control (DDC) is tasked with the operation and maintenance of PhilaVax, the Immunization Information System (IIS) for the City of Philadelphia. PhilaVax's primary mission is to collect and maintain immunization records for the City of Philadelphia. Information collected by PhilaVax is utilized by providers within the City and by partner programs within PDPH. The DDC uses IIS data to help prepare for public health emergencies and to inform or make programmatic decisions and improve health equity in immunizations.
The IIS Education Coordinator's primary function is to coordinate the continued education of Immunization Program and IIS staff and help facilitate and develop knowledge across a variety of topics. Areas of educational focus will center around program needs ranging from topics such as Microsoft Suite, Public Speaking, and Monday.com to more technical skills such as SQL. The IIS Education Coordinator will create and present on topics they are skilled in and work with other teams and staff within the program to help develop and facilitate further trainings. The IIS Education Coordinator will also be tasked with developing plans to facilitate more individualized learning with students utilizing resources such as Udemy to learn at their own pace. The IIS Education Coordinator may also be tasked with creating related material as needed.
- Conduct needs assessment and identify training needs within the Immunization Program
- Create training strategies, initiatives, training schedule, and educational materials for IIS and Immunization Program Staff
- Implement training strategies by hosting and coordinating trainings for IIS and Immunization Program Staff
- Evaluate and modify training strategies and materials based on evolving programmatic needs
- Conduct Employee surveys for input and feedback on trainings
- Manage training records and quality assurance
- Adapt materials for different types of audiences and training platforms, i.e., individualized learning, group sessions, train the trainer, in-person events, and virtual trainings
- Be proficient on making trainings inclusive and accessible for audiences who may have a wide variety of needs
- Research and develop own knowledge in any relevant fields
- Attend outside trainings for required skills
- Partner with internal or external stakeholders to develop trainings with their institutional knowledge and areas of expertise
- Willingness to help in a public health emergency
- Other duties as required
- A bachelor's degree in Education, Public Health, or like field
- Master's degree preferred
- Teaching Certification preferred
- 2 years instructional experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to breakdown and explain complex topics
- Able to train students from varied educational and technical backgrounds
- Ability to organize teaching material on a variety of topics
- Experience designing educational courses or trainings
- Ability to assess students' ability based on their participation and response during training sessions
- Able to provide positive and constructive criticism to Immunization Program Staff
- Able to conduct process improvement based on constructive criticism from post-training feedback
- Classroom, professional training, or tutoring experience
- Profession level knowledge of Microsoft Power Point and Microsoft Office Suite
Standard office setting at workstation and periodic use of office equipment. This position will be a hybrid position requiring at least 2 in office days and 3 work from home days but is subject to change based on the needs of the Department. Will be required to report to office to receive work-laptop and other equipment, as necessary.
Position Type and Work Schedule:
Full time position, typical hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Flex office schedule options available with supervisor approval.
Some travel may be necessary provided that public health guidance allows it.
Must be able to lift 25lbs.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination must be produced upon hire.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range is between $56,000 - 60,000 commensurate with education and experience. Our employees are our most valuable resource, so we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which can include:
- Medical with vision benefits
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and long-term care insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan, with a company contribution
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, personal and holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
Eligibility and participation is handled consistent with the plan documents and HFP policy.
The Health Federation reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the Company desires. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, responsibilities and/or skills to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied, or otherwise. The employment relationship remains "at will." The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.