Johnson Service Group is looking for a talented Lead Mechanical Engineer for our client located in Blue Bell, PA.
The Lead Mechanical Engineer works independently on various projects as assigned by the Discipline Director or a Project Manager. The Lead Mechanical Engineer will oversee the entire HVAC design process and assist as a technical expert on specialized design projects within the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and Medical Device industries. The Lead may work on several concurrent projects and is recognized as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) within the Mechanical Engineering Discipline.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses project requirements, breaks projects into tasks, and works with Project Managers to determine scope of work while overseeing budget and staffing.
- Writes scopes of work for mechanical designs (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Utilities) based on preliminary review and client meetings.
- Prepares engineering studies and schematic design for new HVAC systems and analyzes the operation of existing systems. Ability to analyze existing HVAC and central utility plant systems and equipment and determine applicability for use in renovation projects.
- Works with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
- Assigns and reviews the work of the project design teams, checks the progress of the work, and alerts Project Managers of scope changes or additional services.
- Ability to perform target cost design work when projects have initial target construction costs.
- Coordinates all aspects of project document completion with clients, and with other relevant design professionals.
- Ability to develop mechanical discipline specific construction budgets based on the project scope.
- Special projects as assigned.
- A minimum of 15 years of engineering experience with a minimum of 10 doing proven HVAC designs within the Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Medical Device industries is required.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum 5 years central utility plant design experience related to chilled water, condenser water, hot water and steam systems.
- Working knowledge and expertise pertaining to energy analysis and simulation software systems.
- Working knowledge and expertise in piping analysis and modeling software.
- Minimum 3 years design experience related to the design of cleanrooms specific to the Pharma, Biotech and Medical Device industries.
Qualifications considered a plus:
- Professional Engineer License (PE) plus.
- LEED AP BD+C a plus.
- Experience in design of LEED related HVAC systems.
- Design experience with target cost design and ability to offer value engineering solutions on systems and materials.
- Experience with CFD simulation software for cleanrooms.
JSG is a leading staffing agency specializing in a variety of industries. Having been named to three Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA) lists for the third year in a row, JSG continues to grow and offer hiring solutions to companies across the United States. JSG serves both busy recruiters and qualified candidates within multiple industries from our major offices headquartered in Chicago and Atlanta with local offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Please email resume to Allen Mudalel [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]