National Gypsum Company, headquartered in Charlotte, NC, is the exclusive service provider of reliable, high-performance building products marketed under the Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® brands. The National Gypsum name – through its Gold Bond®, ProForm® and PermaBASE® product lines – has been synonymous with high-quality, innovative products, and exceptional customer service since 1925.
For decades, we have saved our customers time and money by providing the industry’s best, most reliable building products, resources and services. We are Building Products for a Better Future® one project at a time.
National Gypsum Company operates as a family of companies working together toward a common goal with collaboration and open communication. Our corporate entities include: NG Corporate, LLC; National Gypsum Services Company; Gold Bond Building Products, LLC; Gold Bond Canada, LLC; ProForm Finishing Products, LLC; PermaBASE Building Products, LLC; and Unifix Inc.
Gold Bond Building Products, LLC has an immediate opening for a Human Resources & Safety Manager at our Burlington, NJ plant location. This position will report to the Plant Manager.
Hiring Entity: Gold bond building products, llc
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining an employee relations climate that creates and permits a stable and productive workforce. Manages and coordinates all functions of employee relations, including employment, labor relations, compensation and benefits services, workforce planning, training and development, safety and health management, security, and workers’ compensation for compliance with federal and state regulations. This positon will report to the Plant Manager.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive):
- Implement and monitor all aspects of plant safety program:
- New hire training and orientation in worksite safety practices;
- Plans, implements, and conducts injury prevention, safety, and compliance training and presentations for shop-floor associates and site managers;
- Plans, implements, manages, and maintains comprehensive safety & health programs with an emphasis on positive safety culture;
- Organizes, plans and leads safety and health committee and safety action teams;
- Performs recurring monthly/annual internal safety reporting;
- Conducts plant safety inspections and compliance audits, identify corrective action, and implement follow-up assessments;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with approved internal policies and procedures, and good engineering practices;
- Provides safety-related technical support to site managers;
- Collaborate with other site managers to ensure the best procedures are always adhered to and all employees are following safety policies properly;
- Investigate safety incidents and recommend corrective and preventative action;
- Inspect equipment, machinery, and people to observe for possible unsafe conditions or acts;
- Recruit and hire qualified applicants to keep plant appropriately staffed:
- Attract qualified candidates that reflect community diversity;
- Coordinate assessment testing of qualified candidates;
- Conduct interviews and train supervisors in proper interviewing;
- Complete required physical and background checks on all candidates;
- Conduct orientation of new hires.
- Support plant management in creating a positive employee relations environment:
- Maintain non-union status;
- Participate in the development and implementation of Employee Opinion Action Plans;
- Advise supervisors on appropriate disciplinary actions;
- Encourage recognition of employee accomplishments;
- Monitor budgets and costs of employee labor relations expenditures;
- Represent employees’ views and needs to management.
- Manage hourly payroll system
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws, as well as Corporate and plant policies and procedures.
- Provide training to employees on benefit programs and assist employees with resolution of insurance-related issues.
- Assist plant management in the training of employees for specific jobs ensuring that employees are competent in their key area of responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, preferably in Human Resources or Occupational Health and Safety Management, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years Human Resources and/or Safety and Health Management experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Working knowledge of OSHA compliance and training requirement (OSHA 30-Hour certification preferred)
- Working knowledge of state employment law.
- Excellent communication and group presentation skills.
- Extensive attention to detail to distinguish safety hazards.
- Good organizational, leadership and motivational skills.
- Experience in conducting training programs.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- PHR/SPHR and/or ASP/CSP/SMS certifications a plus.
- Competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits to include:
- 401(k) and match
- Retirement Account
- Paid holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program with medical premium incentives
- And more…
-Interested / Qualified candidates, please apply online
-No phone calls or third-party recruiters, please
-Employment ready applicants only
The above information on this description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an associate assigned to this position. The company enforces a tobacco-free policy at all its locations.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please visit our company’s website to view all of our exciting employment opportunities at www.nationalgypsum,com. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Pre-employment drug screening is required. The Company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility. www.dhs.gov/e-verify.